Chapter 7: School Day Part 2

Adrian’s POV:

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. *OH MY GOD! SHE’S YOU’RE SISTER!* I shouted at Cole through the mind link. He gave me a quick look before turning back to his sister *Yeah and if you weren’t her mate I’d freaking kill you. But we both know that I don’t have any say in it but by God if you hurt her ill hunt you down.*

I could tell he was scary serious. Next Alpha or not I know he would too or die trying, not like I would ever hurt her I’d rather die than have that happen. I looked back at her and she seemed to be looking everywhere else but at me. I guess it’s time to introduce ourselves. “Hello I’m Adrian Cole’s Best Friend.” I offered my hand for her to shake and she took it. Once our skin made contact it was like little electric jolts all over. As amazing as it felt it ended all too soon when she quickly took her hand out of mine and looked away from me.

She tried to play it off as if nothing had happened but since everyone but her and Cole’s younger sister was a were we all noticed the faint increase in her heartbeat and the slight blush that was appearing. To stop her from being embarrassed I quickly went on to introduce the other two with me. “This here is Ash. He’s a bit of a clown, so don’t take it personal if he pulls pranks on you now and then.” *of course I might kill you if you do* I said at the end through the mind link to him.

He simply smiled and introduced himself and shook her hand. “Don’t mind what he says I’m but a tame puppy waiting obediently for my masters command” I think almost everyone cracked up as she proceeded to knock his ego down a bit right after, not missing a beat “Well then how about you go and take a bath and cool you’re head a bit. But since I’d rather not smell like wet dog you’ll have to go alone.”

*Girls got spunk* he said to me through the mind link. I smiled *I think she’ll be able to handle you just fine on her own*. Still smiling I turned back to her and said “Ash was the one that filled all the lockers in the entire freshman hallway with pudding, and as to where he got that much I don’t know honestly”. She stared at him for a moment before asking “How exactly long did it take you to accomplish that because that’s one amazing feat?”

I had to laugh at that. Guess my girls got a bit of a trouble maker streak in her, kind of makes me happy knowing she’s fitting in already. Ash simply smiled “A lot longer than one might think. Getting it in the lockers without spilling till they were opened was the tricky part.” He seemed like he was going to go into more details when something I had been waiting for happened, but not exactly how I thought it would go.

“COLE I HATE YOU!”  A girl named Sheril came up covered in pudding. *I guess the school missed a locker* Ash said through the mind link, however what puzzled me more was why out of all of us she thought Cole had done it. She came bounding down the hallway obviously pissed, she was one of the Were’s from another pack that goes to this school. You see our pack, although small, is really strong due to our connection with the Royal Family. So we own most of the land however we set aside a portion of the land for smaller packs or wandering were’s to settle down in if they chose to and of course allowed them to go to the school.

When she got to Cole she started yelling at him, Cole just standing there confused for good reason. “YOU BASTERD! YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY!” she was obviously not taking it well. Then she turned to Bella “AND YOU! YOU PROBABLY HELPED!” and she went to go slap her. Bella being human would probably be seriously injured if she got hit by a Were even if it was just a slap so I was about to step in when something happened that stopped all of us. Emma, faster than all of us, grabbed the girls hand and flung her into a nearby locker. She then used her hand and slammed the girls head into the locker.

Although only the were’s noticed it Emma had somehow used enough force to slightly dent the locker. Sheril had her free hand on the lockers trying to push Emma off but even though we could tell she was using her full were strength Emma wasn’t even budging and inch and didn’t even look like she was struggling to hold her. Almost like an adult holding a struggling child. Emma took the girls hand that she was holding and bent it around her back causing the girl a lot of pain from the looks of it.

She had leaned forward at this point to look the girl in her eyes and said something very low. Low enough that only the were’s could hear it. “If you EVER try to hurt my sister again I will kill you, do you understand?” now I couldn’t see my mates eyes but, judging from how absolutely terrified the girl was, I was betting that whatever she saw told her my mate was completely serious and it wouldn’t be a fast death either.

Emma let the girl go who, smartly, left as fast as possible.  She then turned around and smiled innocently as if she did nothing wrong. Then again, she didn’t know most of us could hear her. All of the guy’s just kind of stood there in shock, amazed at what she had done. I had recovered and was about to go over to her but her sister beat me to it as she launched herself at her sister. “That was AMAZING! Thank you!” she exclaimed while hugging her sister who didn’t even budge when Bella jumped at her. *It seems that there might be more to Emma then meets the eye. I don’t know any human that can hold even a female were at bay let alone an angry one.* I told the others through the mind link.

*Well you have to admit, with everything that she’s probably been through she had to toughen up or die, especially if she was living in the woods all this time.* Cole said to me still a little in shock. I could only slightly nod my head at that, rather not wanting to think of her having any chance to die. I figured that we should get going to our classes now and made the others aware. “Hey we only have about five minutes to get to class now so we better get going.” I wonder what classes she has.

“Ok let me get my stuff first” she said to us. I watched her grab her stuff and then come back over to us. Bella told us that she would be going now and would meet us at lunch while Cole grabbed Emma’s schedule to see her classes. “Hey! You don’t need to grab I would have showed it to you if you had just asked!” she pouted which was kind of cute. I looked over Coles shoulder wonder what her classes were.

Hmm it seems her entire class schedule is the same as mine and Cole’s. “Let’s see, First we have Music then Art followed by English. Then we have a Lunch break and math right afterwards. After Math we have Science and then P.E. followed by a Free Period.” I said out loud, happy that she shared a schedule with us so that we could spend more time together.

“Well then I guess we better get going to Music class. It’s on the other side of the school so let’s hurry!” I said as we rushed through the halls, people trying to get to whatever class they had before the bell. Luckily all 3 of us had amazing speed so we got there just in time. My favorite part of the Music and Art class were that it wasn’t set up like a traditional class with desks. The room’s had couches, bean bag chairs, lounge chairs with tables, larger work tables with some new age chair things and more.

These were probably the coolest of all the classrooms. The Music one had a variety of instruments since the teacher said that if we ever wanted to try one out we should have that opportunity. And the Art room had everything that any aspiring artist could dream of. As we all took a seat on the couch with Emma in the middle and me and Cole on the sides the Music teacher came in. “Good day everyone!” she said, her voice grabbing the attention of everyone in the class.

“Today were going to be picking one song each and then either playing it on an instrument, singing the song or both! So I’d like everyone to start thinking about what they’ll do. I’ll give everyone 10 minutes to do so since I know that each of you probably has a favorite song.” She knew pretty much everyone’s taste in Music so she almost knew exactly what we were going to pick, save for maybe Emma who was new. She wasn’t the kind of teacher to point out a new student and make them feel uncomfortable.  

“Once you pick out a song and how you will be performing it please let me know!” I was more than surprised when Emma almost immediately got up and handed a piece of paper with whatever she was going to do. The teacher simply smiled and nodded, making me curious as to what she had decided on. Well at least this morning will continue to be interesting to say the least.