The Child

The urge for blood wields your entire world. Who are you? You see an old well and try to look in it, yet for some reason you cannot. Maybe you are too small. When you get older you shall be able to see what it is your mommy hides in the well.

     Maybe then you can find out why it is you lust for the blood of others. You are disappointed in the old well and start your journey into the woods that seem less far away then they originally did a while back. Is there any blood there? Something deep inside you says there is. You get more and more anxious as the trees that you pass by start to add up to a number that is too high for you to count.

     You shiver and look to the sky. It has started to snow again. ‘What is that noise?’  You wonder. It is a sort of like whimpering.

     You run towards the sound to see your mother. What you see makes you hungry yet quite afraid. You see a dark haired, angel looking, women. You know her to be your mother, yet she does not look quite herself anymore. It seems to you that she just might be eating herself.

     Half of her arm is gone leaving much of the bone to stick out. To you, though, it does not look like a white bone at all for it was bloody and had some flesh still on it. Her foot was gone as well, and her face had much blood on it. She looked so scared though. Almost as if she was scared of you.

     Then you realized that it was you who had eaten her hand, arm, and foot. The blood around her mouth was from you putting your bloody hand on her face to silence her scream, though it did not seem to work. It was not only that that had frightened you. It was also the fact that you wanted more. The well that you were looking in, or wanted to look in, was where your mother stored the bodies that you had eaten, but she ran out of people to give you, since you would not eat animals, so you started eating her before wandering off to see the well for a short break.

     The moment she sees you she starts to scream for she knew what was going to happen. The closer you come the louder she screams. ‘Bye mommy,’ you think as you devour the rest of her living flesh. After she is dead you stop eating. You do not like flesh that is not alive. And so, you move on to your new journey to another village with more people to feed your hunger.