Chapter 26

Hey everyone, this is the second last chapter.... Yep... the next chapter will be the final chapter... sob, sob....... :-(

******

Chapter 26 – Edited by TheNightSky

“She what?!!!” both Luna and Dee Dee asked at the same time when Zen told them about what just happened between him and Scha to them in his office. Dee Dee actually came to ask why Scha called in for a sick leave today while Luna came in just to have a chat with him since her job was completed. She’s going back to New York soon and they (Scha, Zen and Dee Dee) had planned to have farewell dinner for her tonight together.

“She found out about Mr. Anonymous. She told me to leave her alone. She felt betrayed by me,” he sighed. “I intend to tell her the truth today, this morning, but I guess I was too late. She found out herself,” shaking his head.

“Well, I understand her feelings,” said Luna in a sorry tone, “I would be angry and felt betrayed too if I was in her place. I told you to tell her sooner but you are so stubborn.”

“Yeah I should have listened to you,” nodded Zen sadly sighing again.

“Stop whining and sighing Zen,” scolded Dee Dee, “Go over to her place, talk to her again.”

“I’ve tried Dee, but she shutting me down,” Zen told her with a regret tone, “She won’t even answer my calls.”

“Not even mine,” injected Luna, “I’ve tried but I think she has turned off her phone,” she shrugged.

Dee Dee sighed and tried to dial Scha’s number but was answered by the answering machine, “She didn’t even answer her house phone,” slamming her phone on the table. “Gosh, she is so stubborn. She must be very angry.”

“Yes she is,” sigh Zen again combing his messy hair with his hand.

“So what are you going to do?” asked Luna, “You’re not going to give up just like that are you?”

“Definitely no,” Zen shook his head, “I’m giving her time to think clearly about this. Then I’m going to talk to her again. I’m not giving up on her. I think she knows that I really love her but all she needs right now is to convince herself that she really loves me too.”

“Problem is, Scha is too stubborn to admit her feelings towards you,” scoffed Dee Dee. “Just look at it, you both have been together for nearly 3 weeks now and she still hides her feelings towards you. I don’t think has she even said the words, ‘I love you’ to you,” she pointed out.

“She did,” confessed Zen happily making both Luna and Dee Dee’s eyes open wide, “Last night she confessed her feelings towards me.”

“What?” gasped Dee Dee, “She did? And you both….?” She cast a naughty look at Zen and his face turned red as a lobster immediately. She chuckled, “Why you naughty boy,” she playfully teased him. “I was wondering how she managed to read the e-mail from your phone. Ah. Now I know,” she laughed.

Zen’s face still flushed, “Shut up Dee,” he scolded her while Luna just laughed at both of them.

His phone suddenly rang making the three of them stopping laughing and looked at it. Zen immediately answered it, “Hello,” while both Luna and Dee Dee looked at him­­­­ hoping that it was Scha who was calling him.

“Oh! Hi mom,” Zen responded with a disappointed tone. Luna and Dee Dee sighed and looked at each other.

“What?!!” Zen gasped, “How is he?” he asked.