Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Scha looked at her computer and Gmail again. She sighed and pouted her lips. No incoming mail from him. She didn’t receive a single e-mail or poems from him last night and this morning. He didn’t even respond to her emails. What wrong with him? Is he sick or something?

Biting her pen, she began typing a message to him again. “Hi Friend,” she started, “Where have you been? I missed you. I’ve missed your poems. Are you ok? Are you sick? I’m worrying about you.”

Zen sat at his table in his office next to Scha’s. He looked at his computer and there’s an incoming message. He opened up and it’s from Scha. He has not been responding to her mail at all after that day. He’s surprised that she didn’t boast to him about her meeting with Jeff but it still made him decided not to answer or send her anymore e-mail. He also decided to stop making her fall for him. He’s given up on her and wanted to get on with his life.  What’s the point when it obvious that she’s not interest and he just going to hurt himself?

He stared at Scha e-mail debating whether to read it or not. He let out a loud sighed and finally opened up to read her mail. He missed e-mailing to her too even though had seen her everyday. Talking online with her is much, much different. He could express everything he felt.

He read her mail and chuckled, “Hmm, she’s worried about me,” saying out loud to himself.  He smiles happy that she cared but soon realised that’s what Scha is, caring. She’s the most caring person he ever known. “Of course she cares. She always cares about people,” he scolded himself. Hesitated whether to respond or not to her mail. He read the mail again.

He sighed and began to type, “Sorry Scha, I’ve been very busy,” but then deleted it. Scratching his head he began to think what to write.

He type again, “Hi Scha. I’m sorry. I’ve been very busy with….,” shaking his head he delete the words again and type another one, “Hi Scha, Sorry for not responding to your mail. I was feeling….,” he stopped thinking what to tell her, “very heart broken at the moment,” twisted his lips thinking whether he should tell her the truth. Decided not to send that message, he move the mouse to towards the word to delete them but accidentally pressed on the “SEND” button instead.

“Shit,” he cursed, realising too late to stop it.

Scha on the other side read the message, “Heart broken?” she typed almost immediately. “What happen?”

Zen read her respond and thinking whether should he tell her the truth. He inhaled deeply and typed, “The girl I’m interested in doesn’t seem to be interested in me at all. She had found her dream man.”

Scha eyes wide opened when she read his reply. Eager to know more she asked, “She told you that?”

“Yes she did,” his answer was short.

Scha gasped, “How could she?!! Stupid girl!!” she scolded loudly but didn’t type it out. “Doesn’t she like your romantic poems?” she asked him instead.

Zen chuckled shaking his head and replied, “I don’t thinks she does. She never mentioned about it so I guess she doesn’t like it.”

“No, it can’t be,” Scha replied back. “Your poems are the sweetest and most romantic. Can’t be she’s not falling for that?”

“Well romantic poems not enough to make her fall for me. I think looks play a big part to make someone fall for you. Maybe I don’t have what it takes to make her fall for me. I’m not as good looking as her dream guy. I have to admit that he’s way better looking than I am. Tall, dark and handsome, you know the kind of guy that girls would swoon and drool. The one that make the girls knees goes weak just by smiling at them. I definitely don’t have those criteria.” He typed.

“What’s the point of having a good looking guy but not romantic? Scha asked in her e-mail.

Zen smirked when read her mail. Isn’t that one of the point she wanted in her dream guy? Shaking his head he typed, “Aren’t that the same thing you’re want you dream guy to be? Someone who would make you knees week just by smiling at you? Someone you make your heart beat so fast like it going to burst just by touching you?”

“Yes, but he must be ROMANTIC!!” she typed and say out loudly at the same time as if he’s in front of her. “I don’t want a guy who is not romantic. Romantic is the key point of what I’m looking for a guy.”

“Huh!!” Zen poked his tongue at his computer. “What about your dream guy? Do you think he’s romantic?” he typed back.

Scha smiled reading he’s questioned. Her mind immediate drifted towards the guy she’s emailing right now. Biting her lips and smiling dreamingly she replied, “Yes, he is so romantic. He’s the most romantic guy I ever known,” sighing dreamingly at the same time.

“He’s romantic?!! Bullshit!!!” he scoffed loudly, “He didn’t even remember you if I didn’t tell him you really are!!” Suddenly he felt it’s boiling inside him, boiling with anger with her respond. She's only talked to that jerk only for a couple of minutes and she already thinks he's romantic. What did he do that make her thinks that he is the most romantic guy she ever known? He didn't even ask for her number? He angrily asked himself. “He is huh?” He typed instead, “Has he shown you his romantic side?”

“Yes, he has,” her simple replied had made him furious.

“Bullshit!!” He cursed loudly making his assistant peeked into his office wondering what's wrong.

“What's the matter, Zen,” Amy, his assistant asked looking worriedly at him.

“Err,” he stumbled, “Nothing’s wrong Amy. I’m just angry at something I read,” he smiled sweetly at her. She shook her head and resumed to her workplace.

He looked back at his computer and read Scha replied again. Still furious with her answer he intended to ignore her e-mail. “Stupid girl!!” he cursed but softly this time making sure his assistant couldn’t hear him.

There’s no point talking to her, she had become so blind. He told himself. It makes him damn mad with her. He felt anger, furious and frustrated with her attitude. He suddenly felt no mood to e-mail with her anymore, “I have to go,” he typed pressing the send button and log-out from his personal mail without waiting for her response. He had enough with her.  He’s going to make himself forget about her but will he be able to do that?