Chapter twentyone

*Dan pov*
I'd spent the last half an hour lying on the floor in the hallway questioning my sexuality.
There is no way that I'm gay. I still find girls like Jennifer Lawrence attractive, so what does that make me? Bisexual?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Phils bedroom door open.  I looked over at him from down here.

He stopped for a moment and then continued past me and into the front room. He completely ignored my existence. Usually he would help me up off the floor and get me food. Not this time.

I continued to lie on the floor and sulk. Ever since the coma I haven't felt truly happy. I feel like something is missing.
Sometimes I get flashbacks to my life prior to the accident. Phil and I were so close. I wish it could be that way again.

I picked myself up off the floor and dragged myself to the front room where Phil was. His eyes were glued to his phone and he didn't even turn his head in my direction.

I sat down next to him. I had to talk to him. "Phil," I stuttered and he glanced over at me. "We used to be so close. What happened?" I asked.

It was a long awkward moment before he replied."Ever since the coma, you haven't been the same. You're not the Dan I used to know. You don't even remember our-" he stopped suddenly and looked away.

Confused, I asked "our what?". My heart was beating fast, I knew there was something I didn't remember.
"ourrelationship" he mumbled quietly.

"What was that you said?" I asked as I'm sure I didn't hear it right.

"Before your accident, we were together. A couple." He admitted, "you forgot our relationship.".

I didn't know what to say. What could I say? All this time, I had been sleeping around with random girls I met in bars at 2am. I had no idea that Phil loved me, never mind that we actually had a thing at one point. And now I've ruined it all. There is no chance he will take me back.
But do I want him to take me back?

"Phil, how could you keep this from me?" I asked.
He must have been lost for words as he didn't reply. Instead he tilted his head down and looked slightly ashamed.

"You know, we could try and fix this mess." I moved closer to him and put my arm around his shoulder. I felt him stiffen up under my arm and i hadn't felt so awkward around him in a long time.

"Really?" Phil sniffled. It was at this point that I realised he was crying.
"Hey don't cry. Yeah, we can sort this out." I tried smiling without making it awkward for both of us.

I looked into his eyes and I could tell that he has been hurt so many times. I wanted to help him and hopefully we can be normal friends again.

I noticed Phil look at my lips and my heart started to beat fast again. He leaned in but I froze. This did not feel right. Suddenly his lips were pressed against mine and he was kissing me. I felt like my head started spinning and I grew dizzy by the second. I couldn't stand it.
"Get off me!" I yelled as I pushed him away from me.

Phils eyes were wide with shock. I tried to avoid eye contact because this was all so horrible.
"I'm sorry, but that was too soon." I said and stood up and left the room.

[A/N][Hey, hope you enjoyed that chapter :) Also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 5K! Only 3 months ago I had 2k and I never would have thought I'd gain 3k views in such a short period of time. So thank you all for reading and also your comments always make my day. Before writing this chapter I was reading your comments and laughing at some of them, but they are soo nice and I love reading them and seeing your feedback. Bye for now + have a merry Christmas and a happy new year
Instagram: @Phan.isokay]