Chapter fifteen

*Grace pov*
Over  the past few weeks spent looking after Phil, we got a lot closer. We became good friends but, unfortunately, Phil is due to leave the hospital tomorrow as he is much better and at a healthy weight again.

"Grace, before I leave, can I see Dan? I've been dying to see him the last few weeks." Phil asked pouting.
He had asked me the same question everyday for the last few weeks. He really loved Dan.
"No" I said simply, trying not to sound jealous or frustrated. There was only one way to stop Phil from loving Dan.
Get rid of him.

"I'll be back in a minute Phil, I just have to go and uh...see to another patient." I told him, and left the room.

I walked through the corridors and found Dans room. He was still in a coma and had lots of balloons, chocolate and get well cards next to his bed.

I opened the door quietly and closed it behind me. I walked over to the brown haired boy.
"You think you're so special don't you? Oh, look at me I'm in a coma!" I scowled at him.
"Such an attention seeker. You think Phil actually loves you? Think again, goodbye, Daniel Howell."
I wrapped my fingers around a wire. The wire that was keeping him alive.

This is technically murder, I thought to myself, but whatever, Phil will be min-

The door opened.

"What are you doing?!"

I quickly turned around to find Dr.Howard staring at me in disbelief.
"I um...I was just making sure everything was uh plugged in...all good" I stuttered.

By the look on his face, he wasn't buying it. I screwed up this time.

"Dr. Helbig, this is a crime, you do know that? This poor boy is in a coma and you was about to kill him? That's murder!"

"I- I didn't mean any harm, I was just- just uh"

"This needs to be reported" he grabbed my wrist firmly and started pulling me out the room. Oh god. I sighed, this couldn't get any worse, could it?

Yes.
As I was being pulled down the hallway of shame, I noticed a black haired boy standing in one if the door frames.
This is the corridor with Phils room.
He's going to hate me forever and now I'll never get a chance with him.

I mouthed the word sorry to him as I walked past his room, a look of confusion on his face. He doesn't know what I've done yet, but sure enough, he will find out... And he will hate me.

*Phil pov*
I was sitting in my hospital bed, waiting for Grace to come back as she had been longer than I expected.

I heard a lot of talking from outside all of a sudden and decided to open the door to see what was going on.

It was Grace, she was walking down the corridor with her head hung low. She looked up at me and looked afraid. She mouthed the word sorry to me... Sorry for what? She hasn't done anything to me, has she?

A small guy with hair a bit like Dans talked to the doctor who was with Grace. He shook his head at Grace and walked back down the corridor.

"Hey" I stopped him as he was walking past my door. He turned and looked at me. I read his name tag Dr. Dobbs.
"Um, Dr. Dobbs, where are they taking Grace? What did she do?"

"It's not to be discussed with patients"
"But she's my doctor, what's going to happen now?"
"Okay, look, let's just say she did something against the rules, yeah? If the matter concerns you, then the police will speak with you."

He turned on his heel and walked down the corridor. I closed my door and slid back into the hospital bed. I wonder what Grace could have done that was 'against the rules'.

She said she was going to see to another patient...after I had asked to see Dan. Had she gone to see Dan?
No, that's silly. What could she have done anyway? Dans in a coma, it's not like she can wake him up or...kill him.
Had she tried to take off his life support? Had she injected him with poison?
My anxiety was getting the best of me and I tried to tell myself that Dan isn't involved in this situation, although there was a small chance.

[A/N][wow okay, damn Grace. Sorry I haven't updated in forever, but I've been busy...reading their new book TABINOF and also seeing them on tour, wow. Also, dan AND Phil noticed me HoLY wowza.
Anyway, about the part where Grace is mocking Dan because he's in a coma isn't how I feel about people in comas, it's just for extra effect to show that Grace hates Dan (although I'm sure she doesn't irl). ]