Let's start off with some basics:

How to start a story- place the mouse over your user profile at the top right of the screen. A drop down menu will appear, click 'My Works'. Once there, you will be led to a page with 'New Story' in the right hand corner of the page. Click that to begin you're new story.

How to vote- So you've found a story that you love and you want to let the author know, a vote is just the way to do that. While you are in the story, such as the one you are currently reading, as you scroll through the page to follow every last little detail there's a bar that follows (under the account tab fromthe previous basic step) you with "add", "Share", and a star on it. The star is how you vote, simply click the star and you're vote has been recieved.

How to comment- Again, you've loved the story or you noticed something that the author miseds and want to let them know. As you enter a chapter or turn the page, at the very bottom of the page, is a comment section. It says "Comments & Reviews" (like the one below this chapter) it will have your profile picture and a text bubble, type in what you want to say and click "post comment". 

how to fan/follow someone- Okay so you REALLY loved this story and you can't wait for an update, you want to know the second they update so you can rush over and read it. Or you liked their story and want an easy way to find the author later to read the rest of their works, you want to be a fan. While reading the story at the top of the page where the chapter starts or a new page begins, wattpad shows you the cover of the book you are reading and the number of reads, votes and comments. Underneath those things is the image of the author. Click the image and it will take you to their profile where under their photo is a button to follow/fan them.  Congrats you're now a fan!

Also, Congrats you now have the very basics to Wattpad.