How to not be rude on Wattpad

This should be something that's common sense, unfortunately after being on the site for around two years, four years if you add Taylor and I together, a lot of people don't have common sense. The rule your mother told you when you were younger "if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it," should be engraved in your mind. Unfortunely some people are just overly rude.

Look it's okay to give constructive critism and you should. It will help authors improve and if they have a problem with you telling them to fix their work than they aren't a real writer. Writing is all about practice and critism. That's how you improve. There is a a difference between constructive critism and being rude.

IF THE ONLY THINGS YOU ARE SAYING ARE NEGATIVE, then it's rude. And no, adding one nice thing to make it seem like you were giving critism after a paragraph of tearing them apart, that's being rude too. 

"This book is stupid." 

"This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. My amazing poem didn't get any reads and your stupid story got 10,229. How is that fair?" 

"You are glorifying rape and making it sound like a good thing. You're going to hell."

"This is a bunch of bullshit. Get off of Wattpad and go suck some cock you asshole." 

"this sucks!!:( not worth reading!! time waster! read my awesome book! its called ********* although its not as stupid and gifrly as it seems!!:) "

Yes these are real comments, and there are even harsher ones. Some of these people, yes I did research for this and I hope a few of them find this becuase they need to know that it's not okay. These people have books with maybe 10 reads and some have no books at all. It's completely fine if you just want to be on wattpad to read, but if you aren't writing on here then you have NO idea how hard it is to write and have people comment on it. 

If you do write on here then, you shouldn't be rude to others because you can sympathize with them. What's the point of being mean? Wouldn't you want others to be supportive or helpful? Yes, you would! So don't be mean because it does absolutely nothing and you're just crushing someone else feelings! How can you do that and expect to be taken well as an author or a person? 

Don't be rude, I hate when people are rude and I just get angry. If you don't like it, then don't read it. Don't hurt another author's self esteem.