How to get people to read your story.

There are four things that I highly believe in when people choose to read your stories or not. The cover, the description, the title, and most importantly luck.

The cover creates an interest in the story because no matter how hard you try, you will always judge a book by it's cover. If the cover doesn't stir an interest in the reader, then they won't read the story. 

The description also needs to create an interest in the story. If you tell everything that's going to happen in the story, then I don't need to read it. And if you only say "read to find out" then I don't want to because I don't know if I will like the book or not. I don't want to waste my time and I don't want to wait and find out if I will like it or not. Most readers skip over books with that description or without descriptions, and that's not what you want. A discription should give the reader the basis for the book, and be interesting enough to make people want to read more. This task gets better with practice.

The title is self explainatory, if your title is "Locked in a School With a Killer", I know what the book is about,  and it doesn't interest me. It's like writing "I fell in Love With My Sexy Kidnapper". Thanks. I know the book now and I don't need to read it. Now if your story title doesn't connect with the work, that's also a turn off. If you write a story about a kidnapping and call it "Love at First Sight" it would show that you're a little scatter brained and make the readers thinks that your book would be like that as well; random and just thrown together with little thought. You want to pick a title that fits the story but catches interest. "Foriegn Exchange Student From Hell", "Amber Alert", "Better Than Revenege", or even "Math is For Lovers" will spark an interest, but  books titled "Smallest Touch" and "Ripple Effect" may not. 

*Please note that no one can help with this step. Only you know how you want the work to be presented. Just take some time and think about what the main theme or point of your story is.

Luck - Everything about reads, popularity, votes and anything else on Wattpad like fans, is all luck! There is no science to it, there is no magic way to get people to read your stories, it's pure luck. So don't write to be popular, write to be a writer and love it.