Just For Him (Edward Elric x Reader)

Just for him, she would go through all the pain to see his smile.

Just for him _______, would smile as her heart broke into pieces.

Just for him and him only she would sew her lips together to keep her from telling him her feelings.

She would let him go.

Just for Edward, she would let him take the hand of another that he loved.

For his happiness, she would let hers die.

She showed her love without words or actions, without poems or songs, but through silence and suffering.

She let him go, and marry someone else, and she stood there smiling through the tears.

Just for him she would fake a smile to show him she was happy for him.

While deep inside she was begging him to just go.

The pain was deep and was more than hurt.

But she smiled as she told another lie.

Just for him she would hold his children that will never be hers.

Yes, all just for him.

Just for him she would stay quiet about her well being and the feelings she still held.

It was eating her alive; that infection called depression.

To show her love and devotion she was and remained his best friend.

When sickness overcame her and the depression worsened, when it was getting harder and harder for her to leave her bed, he rushed to side and tried to mend her.

But he couldn't.

As she laid dying, no longer fighting she asked for one thing in return of the many things she did for him.

To weak to speak she brought him close to her and whispered in his ear.

He looked at her and smiled sadly as he took her hand in his.

It was a small price to pay for everything she did for him.

After they laid her to rest Ed went up a hill with a urn in his hands.

The hill where they met all those years ago.

He took the lid off and said his last goodbyes before throwing the ash into the air.

Just for her, he would fulfill her final wish and now just for her he would continue to live.

*It's great to continue to write these one-shots for you. I'm glad to be back! I hope that you will enjoy these stories.
Thank you for everything .
-Dolphinea