Chapter 5: The Cheater

Wait Mace has a girlfriend? I feel my heart ache in pain when he said those words 'this is my girlfriend' the evil, painful words continued to repeat in my head. Its the third day of school and today I have wood shop with Mace. I've been avoiding him ever since. I haven't talked to Maddy or James in two days. I've also locked myself in my room and refuse to talk to anyone. I think my mom is beginning to get worried.
I think I'm a bit depressed. So today I decided to 'man up' and talk to Mace.

******

"Hey Lace." a familiar husky voice speaks to me. But I don't answer. "Lace you okay?" Mason ask's worriedly. I ignore him again. "Lacie are you okay?" now I know he's worried cause he turned me to look at him. I pulled a strand of hair behind my ear "Yes."

"No, no your not look at you." Mason stated with a destressed tone.

"Mason I'm FINE." I stated with annoyance.

'Okay you can be a bitch but we are going to talk after school'. he whispered in my ear.

His whisper sent chills down my spine . "Wear a bathing suit." he finished cutting a piece of wood Then the bell rang. "Wait Mace what do you mean wear a bathing suit?" "I'll pick you up at your house in an hour."

****

I got to my house took a shower and got dressed in my black bathing suit, a shark muscle-tee, white hi-waisted shorts, my black toms, and my gold aviators. Mason rang my door bell. I grabbed my gold iPhone and kissed my mom good-bye.

We were driving for about 20 minutes. "Mace where are we going?" I questioned. "To my most favorite place in the world." he stated with excitement obvious in his voice.

We drove for bout 10 more minutes, until we reached a beautiful lake with a dock. "Mace what are we doing here?" "We... are going for a... little swim." He stated as he began to remove his shirt. O.M.G look at those arms, and that chest. Damn. "Well then are you going to get in?"
"Umm..uhh... yeah." I said removing my clothes

"Are you nervous, Lace?" he questioned

"No." I state

"Yeah alright, tell yourself that." Mason said before grabbing my hand and jumping in.

I swear when he grabbed my hand I felt sparks. My heart started racing. My plams started sweating. My cheeks turned a bright ruby color. Thank god he didn't notice cause we jumped into the water.

When we jumped in Mason never let go of my hand and when we resurfaced he pulled me close to his bare chest. Why is he doing this? He's so confusing. But I won't complain. This is the happiest I've been in a while. 

I splashed water at his face he looked at me "Oh so you wanna play at that game." he splashed more water at me. Then I splashed more at him and I guess I started a water fight we went at it for like 20 minutes. Once we got tired we went to the shore which was only like two feet deep and sat we began to talk about extreamly random stuff. We (atleast I) was happy until he brought up that 'awkward' question... "Lace do you by any chance like me?"

     Tell him yes. TELL HIM YES!

That little voice tried to convince me. Lacie Wills, he has a girlfriend. I scolded myself. 

     But... Look at him, I think he likes you... I mean he brought you here.

'No chance, no way. I won't say it, no, no'

"What was that Lace?"

     Look now you have to tell him he hear what you said to me.

"Oh... Nothing."

"Okay come here I have to tell you something." I scoot closer to him. He grabs the my hand and stands up. "Well I like -" he leans in and kisses me. There are fireworks and I feel my stomach turns upside-down. I kiss him back and grab his neck, he lowers his hands to my lower back. I suddenly feel his lips part from mine "you." he finishes his sentence. Did he bring me here just for this? Whats going to happen with Katie? Shit I just let him cheat on her. FUCK. 

     Yeah but you liked it...

Well I cant argue with that. "Lets go get dried." he says streching his hand out to stand me up. I take the offer. We sit on the dock and continue to 'talk' (more like kiss). The sun starts to set and now im sitting on him with my legs around his waist, kissing him as he begins to kiss my neck. 

____________________________________________________________

Did you guys like this chapter. I've been so eager to write this chapter. And the cover photo is based on this chapter when their on the dock

-------> the picture is Mason and Lacie's first kiss