66| Rouges

"Battles make us strong, but the waring tires us out."

Amelia's POV

Ryan and I sat in the living room. The air was quiet. It had been hours since the incident in the office and things had cooled off, though I'd only seen Kaden once I knew he was just boiling inside because of the fight. Ryan was brooding on the couch beside me looking to be deep in thought. Pack members flowed in and out inaudibly. The atmosphere was heavy with a slightly tense feeling.

And then out of nowhere everything went to hell.

The front door burst open and in rushed a young boy, he seemed about five. All eyes turned to him as he waved his hands frantically.

"There's a lot of bad wolves outside!" He said and a teen ran in after him. Eligha.

"We're under attack. There's at least fifty rouges that just crossed our borders. Me and Jace ran back as fast as we could, Luna; Beta." Eligha puffed glancing at me and Ryan. The whole house came alive with shouts.

"Okay, did they say anything?" I asked and the little boy Jace looked at me with wide eyes.

"They said they were gonna kill everyone if they didn't find dem?" Jace said looking confused and for a moment I smiled at his adorable face. His light brown hair was ruffled and his brown eyes shown.

One day, we'll have a cute little pup. Rain said dreamily and I shook her out of my thoughts. This wasn't the time to be fawning over what may be.

"Them. They meant them." Eligha corrected and Jace nodded, but still seemed confused.

"Who?" Ryan asked and Eligha shook his head.

"They didn't say. We left." The young teen said and I blew out a breath.

"Get the children and elders in a safe place. Everyone else prepare to fight." A deep voice growled and I glanced at the Alpha who'd finally made an appearance. His hair was messy, his eyes glowed, his jaw ticked. He looked pissed, good as new, but pissed all the way off.

He didn't make eye contact with me, but he did glower at Ryan. The Beta met his gaze before turning away with a soft growl.

We really don't have time for this tension. I thought and frowned before turning towards the door. Outside I could hear faint yells and howls.

They were almost here.

"Come on everyone." I said and, not waiting for the Beta or Alpha, led my pack members outside.

We all stood outside and growls rose up as the rouges came into view. They came closer and closer and when they'd reached a certain point we all surged forward.

We met head on and bodies collided and blood began spilling.

I watched as the wolves attacked my pack and my blood boiled in anger. Wolves were falling left and right, some of them our own. Rain howled in rage as we made our way through the fighting taking out rouges on the way.

I growled as a rouge came my way. It was a man, his black hair dirty and unkempt. His dull eyes stared at me and I suppressed the urge to shudder. His eyes looked dead. He gave a wicked red-stained grin and I sneered in return. His eyes flickered as he stepped toward me.