4| First Impressions

"That girl is mine."

Kaden's POV

I watched my mate run away with a tightening chest and I whirled on the alpha.

"You made my mate Omega?!" I snarled and he blinked before frowning.

"She was weak when she got here it was only right." He said and I glared at him.

"Well she obviously doesn't want you so just reject her." Amy said and I frowned at her and was about to speak when the Luna cut me off.

"I think she has a point. She did run and besides she's an Omega." She said and I looked at her in shock.

"What happened to 'love your mate no matter what,' huh?" I growled and turned toward where my mate had disappeared.

"The party's over, all of you leave now." I commanded in my alpha tone. I watched as people hurried away.

"Kaden." Amy said and I whirled around to face her.

"Shut the hell up Amy. Why are you still here? I'm never going to be with you. You're a fucking slut and when I did go out with you, you were fucking someone else the whole time! I'm just glad I never fucked you, no telling what you got in there." I spat and wrinkled my nose as I saw tears in her eyes.

"Aww you gonna cry whore?" I said with a smirk and laughter in my voice. I'll admit I was evil at times.

"Kaden!" The Luna scolded and I fixed her with a look.

"Hoe ahead and cry." I said with a smirk of satisfaction as Amy began sobbing hysterically.

"And that's Alpha Kaden to you." I snarled at the Luna and she dipped her head.

"Good. Now I'll be off to get my mate. Thank you." I told the alpha who gawked at me and I hurried off in the direction she went to.

"Mate! Where are you?!" I howled for the umpteenth time and marched through the forest. Frankly I'd lost my temper a long while ago in my search for the damn woman.

Where the hell was she? What selfish bitch runs from her mate?

I growled a sinister sound and did my best to follow her sweet scent which was scattered around like she was deliberately trying to throw me off. I snarled as I briefly lost it by a large oak.

My nose twitched as I caught it again. I walked around and realized it faded again. I went back to the tree and it got heavier. I frowned and stood by the truck.

Did she...?

I looked up into the branches.

Sure enough I saw a glimpse of her among the dense leaves. What the actual fuck?

"I'm giving you to the count of three mate and you better be down here or I'll just knock the tree down." I growled up to her. I couldn't really make out her features because it was dark in the branches plus she turned from me.

"One." She didn't move.

"Two." I spat out but nothing. She sat and ignored me and rage spiked my blood.

She thought I was bluffing. I chuckled darkly.

"Three." I growled and stepped back before ramming into the trunk of the great oak. It cracked and shook and my mate squealed. Yet she still didn't come down so I gave it one more good hit and with a creaking cry the tree fell, taking my mate with it.

I followed the whimpers and ripped the fallen branches away to see her.

Her dark hair was a mess. Her clothes were horrid. Her eyes looked dead. Yet she was fatally attractive. My wolf howled in want.