Male #5: Glint Torrance

Name: Glint Torrance

Age: 31

Gender: Male

Appearance: Where his wife is colorful and sparkly, Glint is the exact opposite. His hair is dark brown and carefully gelled back, apart from a section of curls hanging onto his forehead. His eyes are forest green, and his skin is pale with a light, neatly trimmed coating of stubble. He is a no-nonsense dresser, as all of his suits are in dull, neutral colors. He is tall, about 6 foot 2, with broad shoulders and thickly muscled arms.

Personality: Glint is a man of few words. Though he appears tough and powerful, it is Calliope who wears the pants in their marriage. (Metiphorically of course, Calliope would never wear pants.) He is extremely layed back, and acts as sort of a teather holding Calliope back whenever she goes on a rampage. He is very loyal to his wife, though it is obvious that she holds little intrest in him.

History: Glint Torrance, third son of Arabesque and Marcus Torrance was born and raised in District Two, though he is a Capitol citizen. Marcus was a trainer in District Two's Career Academy, so he and Arabesque were living there when Glint was born. Calliope believes it is because of Glint's district upbringing that he's so down to earth compared to most Capitol citizens. Glint trained in the Academy under his father, though he never had any interest in competing in the Games himself. When Glint turned 18, he moved to the Capital to being training to become a Gamemaker. It was in his second year of training, when he was 20 years old, that he watched 15 year old Calliope Carthage compete in the Games. He was highly impressed with her skills, knowledge, and beauty and he vowed to himself that when she won, and he was convinced she would, that he would one day meet and marry her. Three years later, when Calliope was 18 and Glint was 23, the two finally met, and within a month were engaged to be married.

Reason for Participation: Calliope volunteered, and he couldn't bring himself to just sit home and watch her risk her life in the Games for a second time, especially since there will be older and more skilled competitors this time. So Glint volunteered. He knows full well that he will not be coming out of these Games alive, but as long as he goes down protecting his wife, he will be happy.

Tribute Type: The innocent ones who were reaped and seem like they would be bloodbath fodder. Glint has a soft spot for tributes like that and would do anything to help them get home.

Weapon: A traditional sword. Nothing special, just so long as it can do its job Glint doesn't care.

Skills: As his father was a trainer, Glint is skilled in many different types of combat, ranging from hand-to-hand to fencing.

Token: His wedding band

Other: So this is kind of an alternate universe Glint, because I wanted he and Calliope to be younger for these Games and I didn't want them to have their son. (Also, Finders Keepers)