Chapter 21--- It Starts with a Story

On the Outside

I’m hoping when I finish this chapter that it will be much longer than the other chapters.  I’m working on writing longer chapters but it just never happens.   Sorry about that.

Anyway, when you’re done reading this you should definitely check out some of my other stories.....only if you want to. 

P.S.  Thanks for reading. 

P.S.S.   If you do actually read this, thank you for reading this. You rock.  Insert smiley face here  -à

***

Chapter 21

Scarlet’s P.O.V.

After wandering in circles through the halls for what seemed like hours I started to get a bad feeling.  The kind of feeling you get when you know something bad was coming.

As I walked down the hall I kept looking over my shoulder trying to convince myself that the feeling I had was just that, a feeling.  It was hard to convince myself that when I kept hearing these weird noises.  I didn’t know where they were coming from but as I continued walking I felt like I was getting closer to whatever was making the sound.  That didn’t comfort me nor did that fact that the hall appeared creepier and creepier the longer I walked.

When I was just about to turn around I saw a door at the end of the hall.  ‘I really hope this doesn’t lead anywhere too creepy.’ I thought to myself walking a little faster.

I made it too the door and slowly turned the handle.

Alexander’s P.O.V.

I pushed the kitchen door open, not sure of whom I would see.  There sitting in the kitchen was a little old lady; she looked ancient.  She was wearing something that looked like it was from an old 50s movie, and she was drinking what smelled like tea from a cup my mother had just giving her. ‘I don’t know how she can help me’ I thought to myself.

“There you are Alex, honey.” She said looking from my mother to me standing in the doorway.

I had started to walk forward before but once she said my name I stopped short. 

“How do you know my name?” I asked her taking a step back.  I could hear Aiden come in behind me, standing at the door.

“Sweetie, I know a lot of things.” She said taking a sip of tea.  “Now why don’t you sit down because this might take a while.”

“How about you tell me what you know about Scarlet instead?  And then we can save ourselves some time.” I said 

“Alex..”  Aiden hesitantly.  “I-“

“Aiden, butt out this doesn’t involve you.”  I said impatiently.

“Alexander Knight!” my mother scolded flinging the door open  “Just sit down already, that is not how you treat guests.”

I looked at my mom who was standing at the bar, her hands on her hips.  Reluctantly I went to the bar and sat at the stool farthest from everyone.

“Well, now that we have that established, I think it would be best if I talk to Alex alone.”  Fiona said looking to my mother and Aiden.

They shared a look before they left.

“What is it that’s so important you have to tell me it alone?’

“A story.” She said.  “A story that involves you and the only person you really care about.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Well, it’s a very long story but it doesn’t have an ending yet.  That’s where you come in.  I’m hoping you’ll make sure it does end well.”

“I don’t get what you want me to do.”

“I want you to save Scarlet because a lot of people are depending on her.  I know, I know.  You don’t understand but when I’m finished you’ll understand.  You see Alex, you think you know everything about Scarlet but you don’t know everything.  You don’t know the truth.  You know what people thought was real but it’s not the truth.  The truth is you and Scarlet are so much more than mates.  You two were made for each other and if you lose her I doubt you would be able to live without her.”

“I’m still not understanding, why this is so important.”  I said getting up to leave.  “I’ve known that since I lost her, but thank you for rubbing it in my face again.”

“Alex, sit down.” She said in a commanding voice I wouldn’t expect to come from someone as old as her.  I turned around to look at her.  “I understand that you want to find her.  That you don’t want to have to look anymore, you just want her now but you don’t know the story; you don’t understand why he wants her.”

“He?  Who wants her? What are you talking about?”  I questioned starting to get mad.  “Stop talking in riddles and just tell me the damn truth already!  Can you just do that?”

She looked at me, trying to read what I was feeling before she continued.

“It started the year you both were born in 1994....”