Chapter 4- Home Alone

Ok, so am I making Alexander too girly? I mean, I know how to write a girl's p.o.v. because I'm a girl, but I don't want to make Alexander sound like a total girl.  Maybe It's just me. :) 

Anyway thanks for reading.  

Vote, Comment.  Any suggestions would be great I would love them.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

Alexander’s P.O.V.

The only question I really needed an answer to was this: 

Could I survive?

Could I survive when already I missed her?  I wanted to be with her now. 

But I couldn’t I knew that.  What I knew for sure was that I was alone...  I felt like no one could save me and I just wanted my mate.

I wanted someone.

I didn’t want to be alone anymore.

Scarlet’s P.O.V.

I made my way home feeling happy.  It was hard to tell what I was really feeling.  I mean, I don’t even remember the last time I smiled.  Not one of those fake smiles people use to pretend they are okay, I mean an actual smile.

After what happened, after everyone started to ignore me, to treat me like crap, after Alexander, my best friend, the person I loved left, happy wasn’t an emotion I had really felt.

Of course when Alexander leaves, he takes all of my happiness with him, but when he comes back, I feel, well, amazing.  Now I’m becoming one of those mushy girls who thinks a guy will make everything better.  Great, just what I needed, it’s not like my life wasn’t complicated enough.

I shifted back and dressed into the clothes I kept hidden in the bushes.

My house and Alexander’s were side by side at the top of the hill.  It was the only hill on the block and our houses were built together.  That cemented our friendship when we were younger; now it just seemed to annoy Alexander and everyone else even more.

I began making my way up the hill towards my house. 

The lights from Alexander’s house made me stop, though.

They were having a party.  It shouldn’t have surprised me, but it always did.

Somehow every time they had a party they “forgot” to invite me and then at each pack meeting they would apologized me.  More like embarrass me.  Everyone knew that no one had forgotten I lived right next door. How could anyone forget to invite someone who lives next door?

I didn’t care not anymore; I wasn’t about to let this ruin my good mood.

I made my way to the back door and entered my empty house. 

No one was here.  No one was ever here.

The truth was my lovely parents Noah and Natalie Reed had left a long time ago.  They had moved to New York and didn’t want to deal with raising a kid anymore, so they left me here.

Sure, they send $2000 every month and visit a few times a year, but that is only to keep up appearances. 

I was used to being alone anyway.  When people ignore you for years it’s easier being alone.

I looked at the clock, it was 6:30.  I was out way later than I should have been.

I ran a bakery.  I guess that’s what you could call it. I started it because even though I worked I wanted to make sure I could pay for college.  My parents obviously weren't going to help with it and if they did it was so they could control me.  I didn't want that so I decided to make money selling something I thought people would like and, surprisingly, they did.  Even if everyone hated me, they really did like my baking and, because of that, I had a successful business. 

After being alone for long you start to learn things about yourself that you didn’t know before.

I was actually a really good baker and chef.

I only baked for other people, though.

I had a delivery due in half an hour for a dinner party that starts at seven.

Luckily I baked everything early this morning.  I just had to frost the cakes and decorate 3 dozen cupcakes which wouldn't take too long.  Good thing I could frost quickly.

Once I finished frosting, I loaded my car.  It was one of the largest orders I had so far.  I almost needed another car to fit everything in.

My car was really old but it was cheap and it got my where I needed to go.  As long as it ran I didn’t really care what it looked like.

 I lived in uptown in a small town called Parkton.  It was extremely small it only had 2 schools.  One was for the preschool and one then had the elementary, middle school and the high school.  So everyone in Parkton basically knew each other and most of the town knew about werewolves.  They were either one or mated to one.  The rest had no idea.

 This delivery was in the country.  It was weird driving to the country because I knew everyone, but I had no idea where this was.

As I was getting farther and farther out, the houses started getting fewer and fewer.  The directions I had told me to turn onto a dirt road that led into a very creepy-looking forest. 

Now I like to think I’m pretty tough, but the only thing that was running through my mind was if a serial killer ordered 3 large chocolate cakes and 3 dozen cupcakes, I was totally screwed.

Then, up the winding road through the trees, I began to see lights and hear music. 

The road ended and in front of me was a castle.  Well, maybe not a castle, but it was very big and very pretty.

I would love to live here.  No one else around to bother me, it would be so great.

I got out and made up way up the porch stairs and to the door.

I rang the doorbell and waited.

Suddenly the door opened, and a pretty blonde about my age appeared.

“Hi, can I help you?” she said.

“Yes, I have an order for the Silvermen’s.” I said looking at the order to check I had the right name.

“Oh, yes.  Sorry, I’m Amber Silvermen.” She said leaving her hand out for me to shake.

“Hi, I’m Scarlet. It’s nice to meet you.  The order is in my car but I probably will need a little help, it was a big order.” I said smiling and shaking her hand.

“Sure,” she said laughing while walking to my car.  “My parents always order too much food.”

“So when did you guys move here?” I asked, making small talk as we got the stuff out of my car.

“Well we just moved here.  I actually start high school tomorrow.” She answered grabbing a box.

“Oh really, what grade?” I asked.

“Junior.  I’m 17.  How about you?” she asked.

“Same, actually.” I answered.

We walked into the house carrying the boxes to the kitchen.  The inside of the house was just as beautiful as the outside.

 "You can just set that on the bar." she said putting hers there also.

"Ok. So this is a really nice house." I said completely distracted. I mean, how could this house be less than half and hour away from me and I didn't even know about it?

"Thanks it has been in the family for generations." she said

"Wow. Well I love it." I said making us both laugh.

“ So, um,  do you like living in the woods?” she asked as we made our way back to the car.

“Um, I guess so.  I mean, I really like nature, so I guess I don’t mind it, why?” I said confused grabbing another box.

“Well, you’re a werewolf right?” she asked stopping and looking at me.