Chapter 17 - Different

Chapter 17

Its Thanksgiving Break so I thought I would give you a Thanksgiving gift. Sorry it has taken so long.  I didn't even realize how long it had been.

Anyway, read, vote, comment, and maybe fan?

 -----------

Alexander's P.O.V.

I sat in on my bed in room restless.  I couldn't get my mind off of Scar.  If something happened to her I wouldn't know what to do.  She used to be my best friend, the person I could tell anything.  Since what happened the summer after 7th I haven't acted to same.  I needed someone who wouldn't judge me or tell me what I wanted to hear just because I would be alpha soon.  I needed her.

"Alex," Aiden called from downstairs.  I jumped up and met him at the top of the stairs.

"Well, what did you find?" I asked.

"We searched the entire house and we didn't find anything to tell us who took her." he said.   My heart sank.   "but we asked a few of the neighbors and they saw a dark grey van in her driveway."

"Did they see where it went? Who was it, let me talk to them maybe they forgot something." I said rushing down the stairs.

"Alex, wait." Aiden yelled from behind me.  I was halfway out the door before he grabbed my arm making me stop. "I know you just want her back but interrogating old ladies isn't going to help.  You have to be patient.  I know it's hard.  Trust me I know I don't know what I would do if something happened to Megan but if you want any chance of finding her you need to stay calm, ok?"

"I-I....ok.   So what do we do now?" I asked painfully.

“I think the only thing we can do is keep searching.” He said.

Scarlet’s P.O.V.

“I’m sorry what did you just say?” I asked.

“Well, little wolf, you were adopted when you were very young.  But that’s all I’m going to tell you.  I’m not supposed to tell you anything else.” He said darkly laughing as he finished.

“What do you mean your not supposed to tell me anything else?” I asked hesitantly.  

“Exactly that.” He said and began to turn to leave.

"Tell me.”  I asked, "What are you talking about?"

"Oh Scarlet, I'm not supposed to tell you anything else, it's not my job." he said darkly.   "But don't worry, you'll find everything out soon.  And then you'll wish you hadn't."  and with that he turned and left.

**

So I sat there, waiting for something and anything.  I wanted out but it was crystal clear I wouldn’t be going anywhere. 

Being adopted was certainly a surprise but it did make sense.  I mean my “parents” were never really that caring.  If they really did adopt me it makes sense why they treated me as horribly as they did.

As I sat there thinking about my childhood it made me think about Alexander. I wondered if he would even realize I was gone, if anybody would realize.  Regardless of what happened to me, I knew whoever took me wouldn’t let me go without a fight.

Suddenly the door banged open and large scruffy scary man barged in.  “I’ve been sent to get you.  My master wants to finally meet you and he doesn’t like to wait.” He said in harshly. 

When I made no movement, he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out.  I had no choice but to let him drag me. 

But I did the only thing I could think of, scream and struggle like a crazy person.

“Let me go you jerk face!” I screamed hitting his back as he dragged me along, “I swear if you don’t let me go…”

I was dragged from the dungeon and through many hallways struggling the entire way. About to open a large pair of doors, he stopped and turned suddenly grabbing my face.

“Now if you don’t stop that I’m going to make you regret ever being born.” He said speaking slowly.  His nails were digging into my skin making my eyes water. 

I knew I shouldn’t have done what I did next, especially after what he just said but I didn’t like being threatened.  So I kicked him so he swayed backwards slightly but I obviously should have kicked him harder.  He regained his balance quickly, and then he hit me causing me to yep out in pain and fall backward.

“I told you you would regret not behaving.” He said advancing towards me slowly.

He grabbed me harshly, “Stop.  I thought I told you not to hurt her in anyway,” someone said in a calm cold voice from behind my abuser.

The guy holding me visibly paled, and slowly turned.  “I-I.  She didn’t listen to me.  I warned her she would regret it but she didn’t listen to me.” He stuttered obviously scared of whoever had spoken.

“She didn’t listen?” he said in a humorous tone. “Well, it looks like you didn’t listen either.  The only difference is no one is going to help you.”

The guy holding me dropped me suddenly and ran away from the direction we were headed, away from “his master.”  He didn’t make it far before was knocked the ground by henchmen.  

“You know what happens when someone disobeys me.  Take him away.” The master spoke.

Being able to see finally I turned around to see who had “rescued” me.  I was expecting to see a large guy similar to the others, in his 30s or early 40s.  But what I saw was the complete opposite.  When I turned I saw a guy around my age or a little older.  He had dirty blond hair and obviously worked out.  It was easy to see why this guy was in charge because even though he was much younger than everyone else he had radiated power.  He had dark eyes and now those dark eyes were watching me.  I knew he was different than the others but when I looked in his eyes I realized how different he was.  While every one else I had seen was a human the guy standing in front of me was a vampire.

"Hello Scarlet."