A Nighttime Visitor

Just a pre-warning, the next chapter may be a while, like a week or so, i'm sorry :(

But i hope you enjoy this one!

Song recommendation: Say Something cover by Shawn Mendes - perfection :O

Thank-you for over 60,000 reads! Speechless.

Love you all,

Leah xxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously:

“You want me to be truthful?” He asks quietly and I nod, rolling my eyes as my gaze lingers on the white tiles above.

“Fine, then I will be. I can’t stop thinking about you. I haven’t stopped thinking about you for months now, Gracie. You consume everything I do, when I eat, when I try and concentrate in class, when I shower, fuck – even when I’m asleep. I tried to deny it to myself. I tried to convince myself you were just another hot girl I wanted to have sex with, but you’re so much more than that. You’re beautiful and kind and funny and smart and everything that attracts me to a person. As in, properly attracts me, to their soul, not just to their body. Even the way you snort when you laugh and you can’t sit still through a movie and you insist on always wearing contacts even though I think you look perfect in your glasses pulls me towards you. I’ve been trying to deny it, Gracie, but I think… I think I’m falling in love with you.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood before him, dumbfounded at his sudden outburst.

“Y-you don’t…mean that…” I whispered slowly, my wide sapphire eyes boring into his own golden orbs.

“I do. I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life, Gracie.” He replied quietly, stroking a hand down my arm and entwining his fingers with mine.

“You’re just… you’re just saying that… to make me forgive you… you don’t… I can’t…” I could barely form a coherent sentence, my subconscious battling over whether to release his hand.

He merely shook his head, looking at me with sad, glistening golden eyes.

“That’s where you’re wrong, Gracie.”

I could barely breathe – there was a huge weight squashing my chest and suddenly the small corner had become a tiny crevice in which there was nowhere near enough oxygen for the two of us. I released Justin’s hand and staggered out into the now empty hallway.

“Gracie!” He grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him, his eyes wide and frantic. “I didn’t mean to scare you off! You wanted to know the truth and so I told you! Look, I’m not saying I’m completely, inexplicably in love with you, I just… I think if you ever gave me a chance, it would be really easy for me to fall into your trap. To fall in… and to never want to leave.”

“What are you, Shakespeare?” I groan tiredly, rubbing a hand across my forehead.

“Seriously? I pour my heart and soul out to you and that’s what you say?” Justin doesn’t sound angry – he laughs gently, releasing my wrist and once again clutching my hand softly.