Misjudgments and Mistakes

Sorry about the minimal Justin and Gracie in this chapter, but the next consists of only them so hopefully you forgive me ;) It would mean a lot if you could comment or at least vote if you are properly reading my story, so I know who is actually interested :)

Enjoy, lovelies!

Leah xxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Monday. Freaking Monday.

I’d spent the majority of Sunday sleeping – I hadn’t even gotten dressed. I’d never been drunk before and even though I was only slightly tipsy the night before, I guess it had gone straight to my head and I had spent the entire day feeling the awful after effects.

But now my alarm clock was summoning me to fresh hell and so I went through my usual morning routine. It was boiling so I decided on a cute, mid-thigh length floral white dress with peach, green, blue and purple flowers. I then slipped on a pair of plain white ballet flats and used my Saint Laurent Small Sac du Jour Carryall for my bag. I then did minimal makeup and secured my curly hair in a half up half down hairstyle.

Within an hour, I was ready and on my way to school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I entered the school building, the crowded hallway of teenagers all seemed to be chatting about the same thing, heads bowed together and mischievous grins plastered on their tired looking faces. I excused myself through a few people and was about halfway to my locker when my stomach plummeted to the floor.

“Hey, Gracie! Heard you’re Bieber’s next target!”

And in that moment, I swear, every single face in that hall turned to stare at me and I felt a blush creeping its way onto my cheeks. Well, more like stampeding its way with all of its friends and second cousins. I was pretty red.

“Yeah, Gracie, is it true?” A girl from my calculus called.

“What are you gonna do?” I didn’t even recognize the boy who yelled that at me.

“Alright guys, shut up!”

A pang of hope fluttered through my chest at the familiar voice and my heart soared when Theo wrapped an arm around my shoulders and guided me down the hallway. People finally dispersed and lost interest in me, thankfully.

“How did they find out?” I groaned, leaning my forehead against my locker.

“News about Bieber spreads like wildfire around here.” Theo commented. “And, um, it probably doesn’t help that you came to school with a hickey the size of Alaska on your neck.” He smirked, raising an eyebrow accusingly.

I gasped, flinging my locker open and checking my reflection in the magnetic mirror I had pinned up on the inside of the door.

Sure enough, there was a nice, ripe-looking purple/red bruise blooming on the left side of my neck. How had I not noticed this morning?!

“That dick!” I muttered. I grabbed my makeup bag I kept inside my locker and quickly applied some concealer over the bruise and then rearranged my hair so it was covered.

“Sup, losers?”

That insulting greeting was made by my best girl friend, Acacia (pronounced A-cay-sha) Steele.