chapter 1

“I just sat and played video games all weekend. It was boring.” Zayn stated. 

“Shut up don’t complain about being bored.” Harry groaned.

“Oh I’m sorry does that offend you?” Zayn laughed along with Liam and Niall from across the table. 

“Maybe you shouldn’t have gotten grounded, Haz.” Niall said through his laughter.

“It wasn’t my fault.” Harry groaned, not being amused by his friends.

“Yeah, getting caught drinking and having a girl in your bed wasn’t your fault.” Liam stated.

“My mom wasn’t supposed to get home that early.” 

“Either way you shouldn’t have fucked her.” Niall added in.

“I didn’t fuck her! We were just making out.” 

“Yeah and that’s why you got in so much trouble.” Zayn patted him on the back.

“We were in our underwear that’s why I got in trouble, okay? Now can we shut up about this please?” 

“Sorry Harry, didn’t realize it offended you so much.” Liam smirked. Harry and Zayn brought their heads down and pretended to work as they saw their teacher approach. 

“Niall.” Niall turned around to greet him. 

“Yes Mr. Tomlinson?” 

“You were late showing up to class today.” Liam snickered beside him and Niall kicked him.

“So you did notice that?” Niall tried to play it cool. 

“Yes I did and if it happens again you’ll be staying after with me to make it up.” 

Niall smiled his toothy grin up at him, “Sorry Mr. Tomlinson.” Mr. Tomlinson smiled back before moving so he could see what all the boys at the table were doing. 

“How are you boys coming on your projects?” 

“Well, um it doesn’t look very good so don’t look at it.” Harry covered his up. 

“You know I’m going to have to look at it when I grade it?” Mr. Tomlinson joked. 

“It’s really bad.” He added. 

“I’m almost done.” Zayn turned his so Mr. Tomlinson could look at it. 

“It’s coming along good, Zayn. I like your shading.” 

“I’m not an artist but mines coming along pretty well.” Liam turned his around too. 

“It doesn’t look too bad. You could make the sky a bit darker to contrast with your lighter colors in the front.” Liam nodded taking it back.

“How far have you gotten, Niall?” Mr. Tomlinson rested his elbows on the table and turned to see Niall.

Niall lifted his hands up to show his blank piece of paper. Mr. Tomlinson rolled his eyes. “Niall why haven’t you done anything? You’ve had almost three days.”

“I don’t know what to draw.” Niall starred back at Mr. Tomlinson, not affected by his authority. 

“Well how are you feeling right now?” He kneeled down so he was eye level with Niall. Niall glanced up at Harry and Zayn from across the table. They smirked at him before looking down and acting like they were drawing. 

“I’m annoyed.” He looked back at Mr. Tomlinson, smiling.

“With?”

“You.” He smiled even wider to let Mr. Tomlinson know he was joking with him.

“Then draw me.” Niall’s eyes rose. “Draw me messed up. With buttons for eyes or my face melting. Take you feelings and put them into your art.” Mr. Tomlinson patted Niall on the back before standing up and walking back over to his desk. 

“Stop smirking.” Harry laughed at Niall.

“He’s so hot.” Niall looked down at his blank paper, his cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink.

Niall was openly gay to his best friends. And they all knew about his crush on their art teacher, Mr. Tomlinson.

“Yeah we all know about your love for him.” Liam said as he continued drawing. 

“I didn’t say I loved him, he’s just so attractive.” Niall looked up and saw Mr. Tomlinson from behind Harry’s head. He had his tongue sticking out slightly as he tried to sort out papers. 

“So you’re saying you don’t want him?” Zayn laughed, looking up. 

“Shut up.” Niall said quietly, blushing more. They all laughed. 

“Niall’s gunna getting it up the butt.” 

“Do you think he’ll give him extra credit if Niall gives him a hand job?” Harry and Zayn joked around, laughing more than they should. 

Niall tried hard not to laugh. “Guys be quiet.” 

“What you don’t want him to hear?” 

“Not exactly.” 

“Why don’t you tell him how you feel?” Harry got serious.

“You’re joking right?” Niall rose his eyebrows at him.

“That’s inappropriate for the work space.” Liam joined in.

“Just saying, you could have a chance with him.” Harry shrugged.

“Yeah, in a million years. Can we just not talk about this anymore?” 

“Yeah whatever, we could just talk about how Harry won’t be getting any more the next month.” Zayn added causing them all to laugh again, including Niall.