Arrangements and New Ideas

ADRASTEIA'S POV

 Replanning a whole ceremony was not as hard as I believed. It only took a few hours to make it on March 21, 2014, the poll was already taken and the movie chosen will come out that day. The book was exquisite so the movie should be great!

 Henry was getting the plans secured and taking care of our luggage. I decided not to get at all involved with packing because that would have taken hours and hours of packing and repacking and taking too many bags for a trip that will only last about three weeks at the most.

 "Adrasteia? What's on your mind?" Henry said, rubbing my arm making the goosebumps smooth.

 "Just packing but I know you have all that under control. You do have that under control right?" I asked turning around in his arms to face him.

 "Of course, everything is already made and in the car on the way to the airport."

 "But I thought we were leaving in two weeks?" I questioned.

 "We are but everything is being put on the plane so that we don't forget anything." He said kissing my jaw. I pushed him back through the doors of the balcony, not wanting any pack children to see their Alpha jump so urgently on their Luna. The last thing we need is to hear 'Mommy, why did Alpha Henry attack Luna Addy?'. The older children would snicker but the innocent would be worried.

 "Afraid to be caught?" He smiled against my lips before roughly pushing his lips back to mine. 

 "Possibly," I said against his jaw as he pulled back to tear off my shirt.

***

 "Luna, I believe your sister is on the phone for you."  Edna said handing the phone to me and wiping her flour stained hands on her apron, she was making a cake for her sister's birthday.

 I took the phone and smiled at her letting her get back to her cake, she smiled back and left closing the door behind her. "Hello, beautiful."

 "Same to you, Luna. How have you been, Addy?" She said chuckling.

 "Good, uncomfortable in any position I sit or lay in but good. How are you, is my brother-in-bond being good to you or do I have to go kick his ass?" I asked putting my Nook tablet down.

 "He's irritating and irrational but bearable, I think he's just being paranoid about me but thst's something every Luna experiences right?" She asked in her worried voice.

 "Yes, I believe so. Or because you are near your heat, that's what gets Henry really riled up." I said back sympathetically.

 We talked for about twenty more minutes on the phone before her mate decided she had been too distracted and not paying attention to him -I swear mates can sometimes be so childish, especially Alphas. I could tell she was agitated and irritated but she seemed happy and in love as any other mate would.

 "Luna Adrasteia, the Carson family has requested a dinner for tonight, shall I send them for another day, or perhaps a lunch?" My personal guard, Bill asked from the door of my study.

 "Oh of course not, I'll have it all set up for tonight but maybe at their house. I do not feel like entertaining tonight." I mumbled to myself trying to stand up and out of this chair. 

 "Luna, do you need help?" He asked walking towards me.

 "No, no, I've got this under control, but thank you, Bill. If it isn't too much trouble could you inform Edna of my plans to dine at the Carsons' house tonight?" I asked waving away his hands. I did not need help just because I'm a bit swollen around the ankles and the pressure on my legs from the new weight was a bit heavy.

 "Yes, Luna," he said bowing before leaving and shutting the door behind him. 

 I grabbed the desk and force my weight up onto my legs. It took a while and sweat beaded my forehead but I managed. I waddled my way down the hall to Henry's study and knocked before entering, he was on the phone arguing. I just settled on his couch after kissing his cheek. He hung up after five minutes of pure yelling and came to kiss my forehead.

 "PMSing, Mr. Alpha?" I said smirking bringing him down to sit next to me so I could lay my head down on his chest while I listened to his heart, flutter although we've been mates for more than four months now.

 He gave me a face and I laughed. "You are not helping."

 "Aw, I'm so sorry, sweetie, let me go get you some chocolate and a box of tampons. You'll feel a lot better." I said laughing against his cheek as I kissed.

 He smacked his lips and glared. I poked his cheek until he smiled. He sighed, getting serious again, "The bills are piling in and some pack mates are getting laid off and can't fulfill there pay. I have enough to last for the next five months but even that is living on Pack Savings, we could make the pack go bankrupt or just go off of one or two pack members pay checks. We might even have to get the pack doctors to become actual doctors, it may be our only option, no matter how much I don't want to."

 I knew this could happen with the way the pack was run, I was hoping it wouldn't. "I suspected this was going to happen, with the way the pack is run, but I have a solution. We could have some pack members move out of the foundation and into different areas of the territory. Bring in humans to the eastern wing and have that isolated and not have wolves patrol there. There could also a curfew for them, no human would go against the rules of the place they have been wanting to live in for so long, if they are anything like the Carson's. They would pay their own bills and it would help us out and our pack would be even more secure against an attack. If someone wanted us gone they could set the outside on fire and let us all burn, there would be nothing left of us." I truly believe this could really help us in more ways than one.

 He was silent for a few minutes before he sighed and rubbed his hands against his face. "I just don't know, Adrasteia, this is just going to make things harder."

 "You don't know that, maybe it could be even better-"

 "I'm not so sure about that, we just don't know the consequences of our actions-."

 "Exactly, we could make this work for the better, and it's not as if we would kick our pack members out, we would ask them if they would like to move out and have a home outside the community. It is not as if they would go alone, we would place four other families with them in any area they choose. We could have about 28 families move out of the community and posted at all corners of the territory and just some to have in any blind spots. Just think about it, Henry, it could be for the better, especially with 28 human families paying for themselves, it would make our bill go down for them." 

 "We'll talk about it later, right now we have to get to dinner." He said standing and offering me a hand. I took it and cringed as my ankles made a very audible pop! "Are you alright, mate?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

 "I'm fine, just a little swollen. Nothing I can't handle," I said rubbing his jaw with my thumb and looking into his beautiful light green eyes. 

 "Okay, if you're sure." He said then pecked my lips.

 I pulled away once I remembered dinner. "About dinner, we'll be dining with the Carson's tonight." 

 "Alright, let's go get our jackets and get the car ready, we'll leave in thirty minutes." He replied taking my hand and lead me out of the room and upstairs to our room.

 A/N: I'm baaack! Hopefully I won't do another one of those 4 month long breaks but I have absolutely no inspiration to write at the moment. Help me!

COMMENT,

VOTE,

and FAN!

 Until then.....

               -Jeze <3!