Chapter Thirty One

Ray walked besides Tendra, constantly watching her. Tears were pouring, unchecked, down her face. She had been beaten badly and he wanted nothing more than to be in their room where he could take care of her. As it was her eyes never left the white wolf in Lebon arms. Ray could not only feel her grief but he too felt as if a piece of him was dying at the sight of the little boy.

                The wounds he had received were deep, the knife had gone far and done a lot of damage and in the wolf form Tim was huge, he was bigger than Ray even. Despite the stab wound, as fatal as it was, Tim stood a chance in a body so large but if he were to turn back to a little boy at three and half feet high he would have no chance in that small body. They were holding their breaths hoping the change didn’t occur but it was hard. When one was so weak the wolf instinct faded because the human form couldn’t cling onto such a powerful force. It was a tense walk back through the forest. Aliysha and his Cicatrices pack had elected to stay there and round up the Letale pack. A few of Myco’s pack had also agreed to stay behind but they would be welcome in Ray’s stronghold the moment the job was done and the Letale pack were locked up somewhere. He looked forward to the reunion of all the packs. He would send up a celebration to commemorate such a bloody battle with such a victory.

                There procession back to the safe house was in relative silence. Everyone was on tender hooks desperate to see Tim better again and conversation seemed too cruel to hold. Ashton looked positively devastated and Tendra wondered if it was to do with Nancy or with Tim. Maybe a bit of both, she knew that Ashton had become taken with her brother. It was a surprised to finally see the steel of the safe house and a completely new surprise to hear the hustle and bustle going on around them and the many shirtless warriors walking around that she didn’t recognise.

“Myco had a lot more men than even I thought and he sent some here.” Ray was explaining to her. “Aliysha spared a third of his warriors and being rogues they had connections. On the whole, a battle raged here as well and I am more than glad to see that my pack wasn’t slaughter like was the plan when retrieving your father.”

                Speaking of her father Tendra glanced behind her at the two warriors carrying her father’s limp body. He was not dead. The leader had wounded him, used his claws to send her father to the other side of the room with the intention of playing his prey for a bit. But it seemed that at Tendra’s squirming he had forgotten her father to tell her to stop moving and not excite his wolf. Then everything had become chaotic and her father was left bleeding and dying.

                She was worried about him, to an extent; his closed eyes and relaxed face told her that maybe he wasn’t going to make it, but she had accepted that her father was no longer in her life a long time ago. Her worry was concentrated on her brother, though she had enough compassion and love to spare the man a glance. She looked to Ray wanting answers,

“The ones we sent to the safe house in order to use your father got there just as one of our warriors went down. He had disobeyed me and let Nancy and Tim outside. He was killed instantly - he paid dearly for his disobedience,” Ray looked quite upset about that, his eyes stared a little, unseeing and wide. “He had a lot of potential and was young. I would have maybe yelled at him, forced him into a submission and changed his duties for a while for allowing Tim to be taken but I would never have laid a hand on him. Certainly never would I have killed him. I hate seeing any of my pack wounded, and to see one killed for a stupid mistake is one of the worst things to see.”