Chapter Twenty Two

Tendra didn’t want to black out, she wanted to run straight back to that safe house and pick up Tim and take him far away from wolves. But she did black out and she woke up to a cream coloured room with white lace all around her. The most comfortable quilt she had ever had was laid over her and after blinking several times she became aware that she wasn’t alone.

                The wiry young man that Ray didn’t seem to like, the very one who only grinned and gave a twitch of his eyebrows at her was sat in a chair at the bottom of her bed.

“Where’s Ray?” She asked on waking.

“With Lebon.”

“I’m going to Tim.”

“Let’s be reasonable here. One, I am not to let you leave my sight. And believe me darling, I see everything.” His emphasis on ‘everything’ made her look at him closer, his head was cocked to the side again and she looked at his thin face. He looked sneaky in some way but the more she looked the more he began to grin and he strangely did not look any more handsome, he wasn’t the best looking, but he looked more human, more friendly. In a way.

“Everything?”

“Why do you think I am in this pack. It is not for anyone. We have to have skills. And I have skills. You my dear won’t be leaving my sight, you won’t escape. My job is to keep you here as long as your Alpha is here. He isn’t going back just yet.”

“I want to check on Tim.”

“In time, my dear, in time.”

                She started to get up from the bed but that was when he finally stood and after seeing him in a crouched position crawling along through the trees, she hadn’t really took in his height. Now she did. And boy he was tall. He towered over her the closer he got and she found herself shrieking back away from him.

“Still scared of men I see. I think Lebon’s plan for your father is too tame. Give me a half hour with him, I swear I won’t kill him.”

                But the look in his eye made her aware that killing him would be a mercy compared to that half hour.

“Maybe that’s not a good idea.” At this he tilted his back and burst out laughing, pausing for a brief second to give her a wink.

“Probably not.” He conceded. “But still the fact remains; there is a plan in process, your Alpha likes it and we think it can work. Tim is surrounded by half your army.”

“Half our remaining army.” Tendra, reminded him, “The slaughter took warriors as well.”

“My condolences. But still Tim is amongst people who can and will protect him Tendra, think of the logic. You’ll be with him soon.”

“I want to be with him now.”

“Then it’s tough, you can’t.”