Chapter 39: Gohan's Suffering, Tania's Decision

My body was hardly able to move; It was if I was being restrained with huge chains. My eyes were seeing little circles and I was getting dizzy.

"Goku, you're son is lost in his own past memories." King Kai stated, making everyone confused.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I hear Tien ask. "That he's having a nightmare or something?"

I assumed that Shenron had granted his, Yamcha's and every good persons life back.

"You can sorta say that, but except he's actually living and experiencing every single most painful memory he can remember." King Kai explained. "For some reason he is completely terrified of events that had already passed. His own memory is haunting him to the point where it's beginning to have an effect on his body."

"You're not serious..." Goku gasped. Even though my sight was slightly blurry, I can see his concerned face as he looked at his son.

"I don't understand, Gohan's being cursed by his own thoughts?" Older Trunks questioned King Kai.

"Well yes... You see he's been secretly blaming himself for every bad thing that happened during battles with past enemies you guys fought. For example, he felt responsible for the death of Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu, and Piccolo's death during the battle with Nappa and Vegeta because he was too scared to fight." King Kai clarifies to the future hybrid along with everyone else in the room.

Piccolo grunted.

"He was only five-years-old at the time." Krillin stated with an understanding expression. "It was completely understandable as to why he was so frightened."

The bald short man then sadly looked at the tiles. "It wasn't his fault..."

"Is there anything else he felt responsible for?" Goku wondered.

King Kai took a deep breath before answering, "At the Cell Games, Gohan felt that you dying Goku, was something to blame himself for. Because he didn't finish Cell off early, you was forced to save the earth and die from his explosion and that caused Gohan great grief and guilt."

Goku clenched his fists. "No. He didn't know Cell was going to do what he did. Besides, that was my decision I made on my own. I didn't have to transport Cell if I didn't want to. It was only for this planet and it inhabitants."

After Goku expressed how he felt about the situation, ChiChi asked if there was anything we could do to help him.

"Unfortunately, I don't think there's nothing we can do for him. There's a barrier that Gohan put around his soul so none of us can reach him. He's eating away at himself without even knowing. His body is reacting to this violently and i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news everyone, but if this keeps up, his body will shutdown for real this time." King Kai announced to everyone's horror.

I couldn't really hear pretty much anything afterwards. The only thing I could hear was the thuds Gohan's heart was making. I listened to each beat. They were way faster than normal and I could almost hear his heart slowly dying as it tried its best to pump blood through his veins.

I then heard King Kai saying something about my lost powers but I was too tired and distracted to listen. Why is Gohan blocking communication with me? He needs to accept what happened in the past whether he believes everything was his fault or not! If he doesn't, he's gonna die...

Gohan... Please... Let me help you. You're my best friend; I love you. I don't wanna lose you to your own self. I just want you to be awake, happy, and healthy again. If you'll only let me be there for you...