Chapter 30: Search For The Seven Magical Dragonballs Part Two

Chapter 30: Search For the Seven Magical Dragonballs Part Two

Vegeta and I had finally came to a stop in the middle of a desert with pyramids standing in a couple of places. The prince gave me a look and sighed.

"What's with the attitude Vegeta?" I ask. "I already said I was sorry, geez..."

"I know that brat." He growles. "It's just that I had to be stuck coming with you. It be a lot faster if I went and got the dragonballs myself."

"Yeah, of course." I whisper with disbelief. "Follow me, I can sense one of them in this place."

I began walking to the entrance, but then Vegeta had tugged me back over to where he was. "What was that for?!"

"Look for yourself." He points to something in front us.

Suddenly, one of the pyramids began to lift out of the sand. It rose in the air and settled down about one hundred yards away.

"Look where the pyramid was," Vegeta told me. I did as I was told and let my jaw drop in surprise. Where the pyramid had been was a funnel-like hole. The pyramid had been above it. Hieroglyphics covered a square foot near the hole. The prince and I descended to the hole.

"Do you know what this says?" Vegeta  asks.

"How am I suppose to know?" I reply clueless.

"Didn't you study this with Kakarot's eldest son, Gohan?"

"Are you insane?!" I question. "Even if I did there's no WAY i'd ever be able to read this!"

"Well, i'm going to enter!" Vegeta decides anyways and began his descent into the hole. I followed suit with extreme caution. Beneath the hole was a long corridor. I found an unlighted torch and lit it.

"Be careful where you step," I warn Vegeta. "There might be booby traps in these old tombs."

Vegeta looked back. "Don't you think I know that already?! Besides, booby traps couldn't stop me."

"It looks like we've hit a dead end," I declar

. We  had been walking for about half an hour, and aside from a spiked ceiling and a trapdoor, it had been uneventful. Now we had hit a wall of solid stone. I rapped gently on the wall.

"It's thin," I remark. "There must be a room on the other side."

"Get out of the way," Vegeta orders. He began to charge a blast.

"Hold on a second!" I accidentally yell, causing the place to start shaking. I covered my mouth and waited until the rumbling stopped.

"Anything else you need to yell?" Vegeta asks with irritation.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. "We can't be too careless, okay? We might end up accidently destroying that dragonball in there."

The saiyan male frowned before planting his hand on the center of the wall, then pulled it back to strike. However, before he could do so, the wall slowly swung away.

"What the . . . ?" I wonder aloud.

Why did it just open up by itself?

 Vegeta shrugged and we walked in.

It was a long room, but it seemed empty. I looked to see that the three star dragonball was next to a treasure chest. We began to slowly walk towards the ball. Suddenly, my foot caught a loose brick and I tripped. Vegeta stopped and looked at me when there was a roar. The ceiling in front of us opened and a humanoid mass of stones dropped down.