Chapter 9

“Bronwyn?”  He asked uncertainly as he stared at the girl of his dreams as she lay sprawled on her bed.  She was dressed in the same clothes she had on during the day; the only difference was that she had kicked off her shoes.  There was a stuffed lion tucked between her hands and she nervously pulled at his whiskers.  Wesley felt the tiny muscles around his mouth twitch as he involuntary imagined her pulling at his whiskers.  Once more he found himself making a mental note.  This time to tell her that pulling at his whiskers was out of the question.  It would hurt!  “And now?”  He asked her as she looked anywhere but him.

She squared her shoulders and looked at him bravely.  “I kinda got tired of hanging out at the mall.  Besides; I don’t think I could handle another helping of pie.”

Wesley chuckled as he felt the tenseness leave his body; leaving him euphoric.  “Where shall we go to then?”

“I don’t know.”  Bronwyn said as she looked at him intently.  “I don’t even know how this works; or how real this is.”  Her voice held a slight accusation; but he chose to ignore that for now.  Confessions and admissions could wait till later.  Right now he only wanted to concentrate about them.

“Then take us to the place you had your best vacation ever.”  He held his hand to her in invitation.  “If you hold my hand; I won’t have to look for you first.”

Hesitantly she took his hand.  This could not hurt; could it?  She closed her eyes for a short moment and then opened them again.  Wesley was looking around him in amazement.  “Where are we?”  He asked while he kept a tight grip on her hand.

“I don’t know, exactly.”  She said as she kept on looking around and taking everything in.

“You brought us here; how could you not know where this is?”

Worriedly she looked into his eyes; but all they held was amusement at her confusion.

“It seems to be bits and pieces of all my favorite beach holidays.”  She turned to point to a rustic looking cabin with a hammock swaying in the gentle breeze.  “There is the cabin from our holiday three years ago.”  She smiled at him crookedly.  “Or at least my cabin.  My parent’s cabin should be around the bend over there.”  Her eyes grew wide.  “Do you think they are here too?”

Wesley almost laughed at how shocked she sounded.  “Not if you did not intentionally bring them with, did you?”

She shook her head quickly.  “No.  I didn’t.”

“Then they are not here.”  He said as he took her hand and twined their fingers together.  It felt so good to be able to that after all this time.

Bronwyn was still looking around; taking in the surroundings as she did her best to hide her nervousness.

“Let’s go and explore then.”  He said as he gently tugged on her hand.  As they started walking; he looked down.  He was still dressed in his usual attire; slacks and shirt with socks and shoes.

“Perhaps you should take off your shoes.”  Bronwyn suggested as she giggled softly at him.

“I think I will simply change.”  He said as his image flickered before it solidified again.  Now he was wearing a pair of swimming trunks.  Because Bronwyn had know where they were going to; she was already wearing a floral one piece swimming costume with a sarong skillfully wrapped around her waist.

For the rest of the night they explored this new little island she had created.  There were pristine beaches that stretched as far as the eye could see; but as soon as they started walking along the water edge; the length of the beaches appeared to shrink.  That way they were able to walk right around the island.