Chapter 18

“CJ?”

Wesley watched in horror as his little mate wrung her body around and practically climbed up the fellow just to wring her arms around his neck.

“Need … to breathe.”  Said the guy who looked about twenty years old.

“No you don’t.”  Bronwyn said as she only marginally loosened her death grip on the guy’s neck.  “Oh my goodness!  I just can’t believe you are here!”

“Well if you were home, then we would not be here.”  CJ’s answer stunned Bronwyn enough for her to let go and slip down until she was standing on her own feet again, much to Wesley’s relief.

“You went to my house?  How long have you been here?”

“Today is the third day.  Your phone isn’t working either, just so you know.”

The CJ chap still had a smile as wide the fucking ocean on his face and it irritated the living daylights out of Wesley.  With the practice that only comes with living as long as he has and in being the head of the most obnoxious family there could ever be, he kept his wits and watched in silence as the rest of Bronwyn’s family kept a close watch on him.  What were they waiting for him to do any bloody way?  For him to go ballistic and rip the guy’s head off?  No way in hell man!  Bronwyn seemed to like the chap’s head right where it was.  There would be plenty opportunity to remove his head from his body at a later stage; like when Bronwyn was busy with something else and wasn’t looking.

Bronwyn was still gushing and spouting very enthusiastic about how small the odds were of them meeting here.  To him it was not such a big surprise.  This was the only shifter club in the city that would not allow an unassociated human entrance.  It is pretty logical that the wolf would rather choose to come clubbing here instead of one of the other places where you forever had to mind your every move.

Wesley had to bite back his laughter when a look of worry briefly swept over CJ’s face after he had taken a deep breath.  It wasn’t there for long though and his irritation reached new heights when the guy stepped back and really looked at her with narrowed eyes after he had sniffed the air discreetly once more.

“You sm… look different.”

“Really?”  Bronwyn asked but did not bother waiting for an answer.  She squealed and climbed up his body again.  “I just can’t believe you are here!”

Before CJ could give a reply, a heavily pregnant girl of about eighteen or nineteen charged over and tapped Bronwyn on the shoulder.

“Hey slut!  Find some other tree to bark up.  This one’s taken.”

Wesley’s mouth dropped open when Bronwyn ever so sweetly replied without even looking at the girl.  “Look bitch, he’s a big boy, he can let me know if he doesn’t like it.”

A smile of anticipation flashed across the girl’s face as she planted her hands in her hips, the motion shoving her huge belly even further out.  “Hey, I said; he’s taken!”

Eventually Bronwyn deigned to look at the girl and her eyes stretched so wide it looked like they were going to pop out of her head any moment.  “Well, well, well.”  Bronwyn slid back down again as she spoke.  “Looks like you have been busy CJ. Good boy.”

She almost petted CJ’s head and Wesley couldn’t decide if he was relieved she didn’t because the wolf would certainly not have liked that; or upset because she didn’t get to piss the guy off.

To Wesley’s amazement, Bronwyn; cool as a cucumber; dropped down to her knees and starts rubbing the girl’s tummy as she coos at it.  All the while the girl is standing there, tapping her foot on the floor.