Chapter 18

"Alright class, I've finished your grades for the videos. I'll call up you and your partner to see what grade you got," Mrs. Jameson calls out, and I take a deep breath. Hopefully Hayden and I did good.

It didn't take us very long to finish the video, just a couple of days. The rest was all editing. I think it was good, but I don't know how Mrs. Jameson is going to grade this.

Suddenly, someone hits me on top of my head. Hard. I lean over my desk and rub the spot where my head now hurts.

"What the fu-" I whisper, glancing up to see who it was. Hayden stares back at me, his lips slightly quirked up. He gestures towards Mrs. Jameson's desk, and I realize it's our turn to see what our grade was. I push up from my chair and walk with Hayden to Mrs. Jameson.

"Hayden, Olivia, your grade was a ninety-three percent." Her Finger is pointing to her computer screen where our grade is, next to our names.

I hear Hayden whisper a "yes" and I do the same. A ninety-three! That's not half bad!

I walk back to my desk, a sudden bounce in my step. I'm gonna get a good grade in this class!

I turn to my left where Hayden's desk is and poke him.

"Pssst!" I whisper. He turns his head to me. "High five!" I stick my hand up in the air enthusiastically. Hayden however, rolls his eyes and barely touches the palm of his hand with mine. I huff and pull my arm back. What kind of high five was that?

I lean my head on my desk, ready to get out of this class. Why does school have to be so long? Do they want us to die of boredom?

School. You wake up early as shit then go to practically a jail for the next eight or so hours, then you go home and do homework until three a.m, and the cycle repeats. Honestly, if school started later and got out later I would be fine with it. Let me get my damn sleep!

Now one flaw with that plan would be that you would have even less time to do homework. That is not the case though. Actually, if school started later you could do the rest of your homework in the morning!

I know, I'm so smart.

I let out a sigh and lift my head up from my desk, resting it on my hand. My eyes glance up to the clock.

Ten minutes until I'm out of this class.

Okay, you can do this. You can make it through ten more minutes, it's not even that long.

Suddenly, someone kicks my chair. I whip me head around, looking for the culprit. My eyes land on Hayden, who looks like he's trying to hold in his laughter.

"You," I narrow my eyes at him. "That was rude! What did I even do to you?"

He turns to look at me, eyes wide and innocent. "Me? I didn't do anything."

"Don't try and act innocent," I hiss. "I know you kicked my chair, jerk."

"Why would I want to kick your chair?"

I open my mouth, ready to say something, but I can't think of anything. I sigh in defeat.

"See? You have no proof it was me, just as I thought." He said smugly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Dickhead," I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?" Hayden asks, quirking an eyebrow up in amusement.

"Nothing," I huff.

"Oh it wasn't nothing. I heard you say something very inappropriate."

"No," I say, my cheeks warming up. I look down, trying to cover my face with my hair.

"What? I was just telling you what you said. It was something about my-"

"Stop! Stop, stop!" I say, waving my hands in his face. "No thanks, don't want to hear the rest of that sentence."

"I was just wondering."

The bell rings, signaling the end of class. I quickly get up out of my seat and rush out of the room.

"Yo, Liv!" I hear someone call. I turn my head towards the sound of the voice, and see Kian waving his arms frantically around, with Jayce and Ethan standing by his side. I walk towards them.

"Hey guys," I say, smiling.

"How was your second hour?" Kian asks, draping an arm around my shoulder.

"Ew, get that off me," I say, pushing his arm off. "And it was fine."

"Good, good. Seeing that us four have the next hour together, would you like us to escort you to our next class?"

I roll my eyes. "Sure."

"So, Olivia. I hear you and Hayden had a project in Health together," Ethan says, winking.

"Yeah, what's the big deal?"

"Oh, nothing." Ethan says, looking to Jayce.

"Except the fact that Hayden doesn't ever stop talking about you." Jayce adds with a smirk.

My cheeks grow hot and I look away quickly.

"That's not true. Stop playing with me."

"Oh it's true honey, but that's okay, go ahead and deny it." Ethan says, laughing.

"I hate you guys," I fight back a smile. I look over to Kian, who stands there with a small smile on his face.

He leans over to hug me. "I'm glad to see you happy again, Olivia."

*****

Awe the ending Kian you sweet cute little goose love you

937 words🎄