The Mysterious Hero

His clunky boots thumped loudly on the cold concrete as he ran, looking back every few seconds. Even though it was pitch black outside I was able to see the man clearly from the light illuminating off of the street lights. The man turned to look back again and panic was evident on his face when he saw how quick I caught up.

            "Go to hell!" the man yelled, his voice sounding as if someone ran their nails down a chalkboard.

            "I don't think so." I grinned then ran as fast as I could and jumped on the man's back. We both plummeted to the ground, but the man took all the impact since I was holding onto his back. Jumping on me feet, I pulled the man up and smashed him against the brick wall of one of the local shops. "Stay where you are," I commanded.

            "Okay," the man said, and I was surprised that he obeyed. This usually didn't happen. Usually they would start cursing and start to swing some punches. I waited for the man to thrash around and throw a punch.

            My lips twitched upwards, realizing that he was trying to find a way to out-think me. I pretended to be oblivious to what he was going to do, waiting for him to make his move. At last he stuck out his foot, kicking me in the shin then spun around in a flash with clenched fists, ready to punch me. He stuck out his right fist in an attempt to punch my face but failed miserably. Was that the best he could do? He continued to throw useless punches, and I dodged them with ease. I pretended to examine my nails in boredom, and this seemed to aggravate the man. He came charging at me in full speed, preparing to tackle me to the ground. He was one step away from knocking me down when I stepped out of the way, making him run into the empty street.

            There was a screeching of tires along with the flashing of red and blue lights. What took them so long? They were probably slacking on the job, eating donuts, instead of chasing down a man who had done so many crimes. Now that he was caught he would be off the streets and in jail.

            "Sir, put your hands above your head. Don't move," the two police officers commanded, carefully advancing on the man standing in the middle of the road.

            "But there was this... this person! Where is-" the man stuttered, looking everywhere to find the person who stopped him from running away. I stepped behind the corner of the brick building away from view of the three men standing in the deserted road. I watched as the criminal was handcuffed and escorted in the cop car. He cursed and started thrashing around, trying to get out of the officer's grip. Once he was inside the cop car both the officers got in and drove away with the bright red and blue lights flashing.

            Pulling my mask off, I rubbed my eyes to clear the tiredness away. Sighing, I smiled at the job well done.

            Another criminal captured.

____________________________

Hey guys! New story! Thank you for reading and have a nice day! (: