1: Ice Pack Emergency

"Juliet! Are you ready?"

"No, Mum!" I called back. "I'm not and I'll never be!"

"C'mon honey," she smiled at me, "get in the car before something else happens."

"What else could happen when we're moving to another place, just because of some inspiration thing you guys have?!"

I was arguing—arguing with my parents again. My parents are famous writers known nationally and internationally. Both of them are authors, who sell thousands of books every year. And wait. Wait for it. Well, there's nothing so special about this, but they're also big fans of Shakespeare.

I surely hate books. But for some reason, I was always good at writing essays and all that stuff you do in English. It was like English, as a subject, was in my genes...

Anyway, let me get straight to the point. I hate my name. From all the things in the world my parents could name me, they called me Juliet—for elegant and grace (not to mention beauty). Why can't they call me Lily, Flora or something like Rosa? They all mean beauty and kindness. Don't they? But no. They ended up calling me Juliet. So, my official name is... Drum roll, please! Juliet Hayes.

And until I am able to change my name, which I have to be eighteen years old—a legal adult—I would have to suffer with this name, Juliet, for another year. So to make it satisfied, I made myself another name. You can call it a nickname or something like that, but it was simple and short, Julie.

Since my parents got my name from Shakespeare, I tried reading the play Romeo and Juliet and to my disappointment, it wasn't that great. The reason for Romeo and Juliet's death was something that can be easily avoided. So why do people have to die and make the storyline so sad and tragic? Wait, what was that thing people call between a man and a woman again?

Oh, right! It was love.

Seriously, wasn't there anything else in the world that is more important than love? Like those fairy tales, such as Cinderella, Snow White and Rapunzel? Wasn't there something else better than romance?

I found that pranks were way better than those lovey dovey romances. So I learnt the skills for pranking over my school years, making me one of the top pranksters in all of the schools I'd moved to. Which was practically awesome! I got to do anything with anyone I hate, or in nicer terms dislike.

But now, my problem is that I have to move houses again. Why? Let me repeat myself. Because my parents need new inspiration to write their books for a living.

"Juliet!" Dad called. "Get in the car and stop being so stubborn for once. This new place isn't as bad as you think."

I rolled my eyes and glanced back at my house. I guess I have no choice. I looked back at the brick house. "I'll miss this place."

Turning around and entering into the car. I sat down and closed the door. Mum sat next to me and smiled, "Don't worry, dear," she said with her sweetest voice. "This new place would be as great as our home. Maybe even better."

I just sighed and Dad drove off.

***

It was about noon when everything was moved to our new home. And what does this mean? I also get to fill in an enrolment form for my new school. How exciting! Actually, I'm sick of filling forms. It felt like I need to fill in a new enrollment form every six to months since my parents keep on moving houses like this.

"Here you go honey," my mum handed me the form. "Fill your details out, on the bench in the kitchen since everything is still everywhere, and tomorrow we'll drive you to your new school."