12: The War Begins

I was standing there. Standing there by the corner, opposite of the hallway. I was watching Ice Pack Stealer walking closer and closer to his locker. So far, so good.

Ice Pack Stealer looked around, checking for prank clues. Smart. But he won't notice a thing.

He reached for the lock and entered his combination. Opening the locker and then withdrawing his hand, Ice Pack Stealer found green slime all over his fingers.

I giggled to myself. He fell for it. I laughed in my head.

Ice Pack Stealer reacted to the slime and shook his hand.

"Gross," he said, calmly. Then he paused and glanced around. Guessing that he was looking for me, I hid behind the wall and waited for a few moments.

I then peeked behind the wall to check if he was still scanning his surroundings before I continued to watch him.

"Is that all you got?" he asked.

Even though he seemed like he was talking to himself, I knew that he was talking to me. So I continued to listen to him.

"Because I can do much better than this," he grinned.

I raised an eyebrow. Oh really? Let's see.

Ice Pack Stealer widened his locker door and cleaned his fingers with some tissues.

Man, what an organised guy. I never expected him to have a tissue box in his locker.

He took his books out and placed them on top of the locker. Then closing the door,  he reset the lock. He stood there and searched for something in his pockets. Pulling out a piece of paper, in which looks like his class timetable, he stood there for a while longer.

I wonder what's taking him so long to find his class. I paused for a moment. Don't tell me he hasn't remembered his timetable yet. Maybe he's not as bright as he looks?

He smiled to himself like his next class was one of his favourite subjects or something. He lifted his arms and grabbed the books that were on top of the locker and when he wanted to turn around, his facial features changed.

"What?" he reacted.

I almost burst out of laughter. But keeping it in, so that people wouldn't know that I was standing there spying on Ice Pack Stealer, I giggled silently as I covered my smile.

He tried lifting his legs up, but he couldn't. He tried wiggling his body but his shoes wouldn't budge. He stood there for a while and decided to place his books back on the top of the locker.

"Wonderful!" he blurted out, looking at his shoes.

People who were walking in the hallway started looking at him weirdly. Tears were forming in my eyes as I was laughing my heart out. This is just too good!

Ice Pack Stealer lowered him down and tried to lift his legs up again. But he was stuck like his shoes were glued to the ground. Actually, his shoes were glued to the ground—glued with one of the strongest super glue I could find.

Basically, this was the prank. I secretly placed a thin tube of super glue hidden inside the locker, under the locker's door. When the door was open the lid of the tube was screwed off. When Ice Pack Stealer closed the door, the super glue was squeezed in-between the locker's door. This caused the glue to ooze out of the tube even faster.

As he was standing there searching for his class timetable, the super glue was already on the floor reaching for his shoes. What was even funnier was that Ice Pack Stealer was standing there for quite a while too. So the super glue had enough time to dry off.