11: Sandcastle Memories

The moment I stepped through the entrance to the backyard, something sprayed over me. It wasn't something particularly awful because today was quite hot, but I still didn't like the idea of being sprayed with cold water. I looked up, my hair soaked and dripping wet.

Then I saw Hero in a bathtub with water. He was looking at me with the 'uh-oh' look. Guessing that the person with the hose was his owner, I was right. But I was surprised to see another person standing there with him, grinning at me.

Water droplets slide down from my strands of hair. Even though I was wet to the bone, the water didn't cool me down one bit. Instead, I was furious. 

Ice Pack Stealer and the other boy were just standing there pointing and laughing their heads off. What a rotten bunch of boys.

I wanted to get Ice Pack Stealer and the kid by surprise by pulling their ears to one side until they both say sorry. I doubted that it would work though because they were both taller than me.

Who is that kid next to Ice Pack Stealer anyway? Don't tell me, it's his younger brother.

If it is, I'll probably call him Mini Ice Pack Stealer.

I closed my eyes and let out another sigh. It was probably five minutes since the water hit me from head to toe and both of them were still laughing at me. Man, these two are so immature.

"Enough!" I finally said.

Ice Pack Stealer stopped laughing, but the boy paused and smirked at me. "Sorry, did you say something, Mermaid?"

Ice Pack Stealer burst out of laughter again, "Good one, Richy." They both turn towards each other and slapped five.

"I said, enough!" I stormed to the kid, "And what did you just call me?"

Putting his hands in his pockets, he grinned at me with deep dimples.

"Nothing much," he shrugged, pretending to look all innocent. "I just called you Mermaid because you look like one."

I took a deep breath in, trying to hold in my anger. Looking at his unusual haircut, I had an idea.

"Well then, Mushroom Top, say sorry now or else you're going to regret it."

Ice Pack Stealer stood there chuckling. I wasn't sure if he was laughing because of his friend's new nickname, or because of how ridiculous I might have looked. But I turned to his direction with lasers shooting from my eyes.

"You too, Ice Pack Stealer!" I pointed at his chest, "You need to apologise for spraying your stupid hose at me."

He laughed, trying to cover his mouth with his hand, but was still laughing as hard as he could. I crossed my arms and waited for the both of them to stop laughing. Then I placed my hands on my hips and stood there, glaring at them both.

Ice Pack Stealer, gradually stopped laughing and put on a neutral face. "And what happens if I don't?" he asked, lowering down to pick his dog out of the bathtub.

"Well then, do you want another kick in the shin?"

Richy smirked, "What kind of kick can you do? You're a girl."

"Don't underestimate me, Mushroom Top," I defended back. "I'm much stronger than you think I am."

Mushroom Top was a bit shocked and quieten down. His grin also finally disappeared as he glanced over to Ice Pack Stealer.

Now that Hero was finally out of the tub, they both took a step back.

Ice Pack Stealer and Mushroom Top knew what they were going to do as soon as Hero got out of the bath tub. Turning away from the Labrador, both of them covered their eyes as soon as Hero began to shake off the water from his coat. I didn't notice this until the water, for the second time, splashed onto me.