13: Just a Dinner

"Your name is Juliet?" I asked her.

She nodded. "That's right. It's just spelt a little different from your name. My one has an extra 'te' at the end, if you still remember. But I guess you haven't seen me for a while so you forgot about me."

I looked at her, confused. "We've met before?"

She nodded again and glanced down at her phone. "Oh, I'm late. I got to go now. See you later!"

She waved and ran into the distance, leaving me with many questions. Why does she kind of look like me? Who exactly is she? How come I can't recognise her when she can recognise me?

"You know her, Julie?" Kat interrupted my thoughts as she questioned me from behind.

I stood there for a moment, still lost in my series of questions.

"No." I finally replied, "I seriously don't know her."

Kat stood there wondering. "Are you sure? Because it seems that she knows you quite well."

I just stood there stunned.

"Maybe you met her when you were younger?" Kat paused. "Since you can't remember anything about your childhood anymore."

I slightly nodded to Kat's theory. "That has a high possibility."

***

I ended up walking to Kat's house and she said that she might have some kind of transportation for me. In the end, she lent me her brother's skateboard. Though I never heard her mentioned that she had siblings before, I wondered why she didn't tell beforehand.

Anyhow, the good thing was that I still had my skateboarding skills. I remembered that when I was twelve, I used to skateboard all the time. But because I kept scratching my legs every time I fell down, Mum told me to use a bike instead.

She said that having scars wouldn't be nice for a girl, since girls tend to wear skirts and dresses. But in reality, I didn't really care about that. What's wrong if girls wearing trousers and pants? I think they're fine, especially in the winter as well.

However, Mum never stopped lecturing me about it, so I ended up using a bike to stop her lectures about skirts and dresses. What a relief!

By the time I got home, it was about four thirty. Usually, it takes me about twenty minutes from Kat's house by a bike. And I guess the skateboard took forty minutes, which is double the usual time. But I think it was much better than walking home like the first day of school.

I steered the skateboard to the front of my house and got off. Instead of lowering down to pick the board up, I stood there and did a skateboard reflex that allowed the board to flip upwards, twirling in mid-air, before I caught it in my hands. I grinned, knowing that I still have my skateboarding tricks.

Entering through the front door, I threw my keys into my bag and climbed up the stairs, still holding onto the skateboard with my other hand. I really could have just placed the skateboard near the front door, but my mum would probably see it and go suspicious since I promised her that I wouldn't skate anymore.

I opened the door to my room and surprisingly, I heard a racket. Well, it wasn't exactly a racket, to be precise it was a violin's melody. From that moment, I knew that Ice Pack Stealer was playing his violin somewhere in his room.

I quickly hid the skateboard under my bed and moved towards the window. Staring at the window to find the lock, I wondered why I didn't close my window in the morning. If I had done so, I wouldn't even need to hear Ice Pack Stealer's violin practice now. I didn't hate violins or classical music—I just hated Ice Pack Stealer.