chapter 4

April 12, 1978

"I want you to tell me that you dont like michael" "I dont like him" i said and smiled. "See your lying!" Haley said as we sat at our lunch table. "But im not! Im in love with marcell. Michael is just a really good friend of mine." I said to her as i turned to the door and in walked michael with...ANA?! "What the hell is michael doing with that whore?!" I nearly screamed. "I have no clue" haley said looking just as shocked as i was. "Ugh! I HATE HER SO MUCH FIRST SHE TRIES TO GO EVERYWHERE WITH MARCELL AND NOW MICHAEL?!" I said literally almost yelling. "Why are you so worried about her and michael?" Marcell asked me out of nowhere. "Shit! You scared me!" I said. "And im not so worried about them like being together, im worried about her doing something thay she shouldnt do." "Well ok" he said and he started to kiss me. Our kiss depened and i pulled away. I turned around and saw michael looking straight at me...and not very happy but as soon as he saw me looking at him he looked away. "You wanna do something tonight?" Marcell asked me. "Um no not really haley and i a project to do" i said. "We do?" Haley asked. "Yes we do" i said gritting through my teeth. "Oh yeah for that project we have in that class" she said trying to sound convincing. "Well ok then" he said and just then the bell rang. I jumped out my seat since next class i have is with michael and i want to be there first.

I sat in my seat and waited for him to come in. He came in and sat next to me. "Hello" he said. "What were you doing with ana today at lunch? What did you guys talk about?" I asked immediatly and immediatly felt embarassed for asking him the way i did. "Well she is one of my friends too and we were walking from our class to lunch. We talked about school my life and her life. She is so sweet and nice." He said and i wanted to slap him. "What?! Ana nice?! The fucking thought she was!" "Hey! Dont use tht kind of language here!" He said. "And yes she is." "Be careful with her ok? Michael i know you think she is nice but she really isnt. I know so because ive lived with her my whole school life and she has made my life a living hell!" I said. "What has she done?" He asked suddenly curious. "Thats something id rather not say" i said "lets stop talking about her it ruins my day." "Ok if you want. But let me ask you one more question" he said and i nodded. "Why are you so intrigued in me talking to her?" I felt myself begin to blush and i didnt know what to say. "Well...because i care...cuz youre my friend...and shes not as good as she seems" i said truing to find the right words to not say that im...jealous. The class began and we stopped talking. I began to think that i was jealous of him talking to any girls. For months now ive felt myself starting to like him. Marcell doesnt make me feel the way michael does. I get butterflies just looking at michael and when he looks at me i shiver and cant think straight. He does what no one else does to me.

We spent the class not talking to each other or even looking at ecah other. The day went by fast after that and before i knew it school was over. I was meeting marcell outside before i had to leave with haley when michael approached me. "I have a surprise for you this weekend im sure youll love it so be re-" he stopped and looked over my shoulder. "Do you need anything?" I turned around and saw michael standing there. "I was wondering if i could talk to bella for a minute" he said shyly. "I was talking to her first so let me finish" he said coldly and bitterly. "You dont have to speak to him like that" i said sternly. "Michael give me a minute ill be right with you." He nodded and stepped back a bit. "Since when does he call you bella? Dont forget about what we talked concerning him. But anywys i gotta go ill pick you up tomorrow. Love you" he said and he kissed me roughly. I pulled away from his tight grip and slightly smiled. "Love you too" i said and he left. I turned back to michael and he stepped closer. "I just wanted to tell you to meet me at the cafe place near your house at 6" he said and just like that he left.

*at 6*

"Isabella i know that you like michael but be careful you still have marcell as your boyfriend and you need to tell him and everyone else what you have been hiding about you and marcell" haley said as i reached the door. "NO! no no no no im not gonna tell him! nobody will know until it happens. i hope you dont say anything either. plus we will we probably just talk like normal peopl" i said. "Thank you for your advice i love you so much!" "Just dont do anything stupid!" She yelled out to me and i got in my car.

I got to the cafe and michael was sitting in the far back where no one usually sat. "Hey" i said sitting down. "Hey" he said. "So whats up?" I asked. "I wanted to see you" he said shyly. "Hehe michael we see each other everyday at school" i said giggling. "Tell me the real reason i wont laugh or anything! I promise!" "I dont wanna say its kind of embarassing" he said looking down. "Come on michael, tell me!" I said and reached for his hand. "Please!!!!" "Ok ok!" He said giggling and he grabbed my hand. I felt goosebumps through my body. "I have been wanting to tell you this for a while now." "Ok so tell me im dying to know!" I said. "Well ever since i saw the first day of school i liked you," he started and i coul feel myself getting hot. "But i know you have a boyfriend and being close friends with you like we are it makes it harder for me not to just grab you and kiss you and as embarassing as this is i just couldnt hold it in anymore." I was speechless and i was confused. Im with marcell but i like michael so much i feel all these things he tells me. I think haley was right i should probably tell michae what marcell and i decided. "Michael, i dont know what to say" i said and stood up. "Im really confused im sorry i have to go." I ran out the door and he followed me and when i was about to cross the street he yanked me to this alley.

"michael what are you doing?" I asked shocked.

"I want you to tell me that you don't feel the same way I do" he said as his face got closer to mine and he rested his forehead on minenas well.

"michael don't do this!" I said trying to get out of his grip.

"just tell me and if you don't feel the same way I'll leave you alone and you won't hear from me ever again" he said and I closed my eyes trying to get the right words out.

"I feel the same way but this can't ha-" I began to say but I was cut off by his sweet, soft lips touching mine. we began to kiss slow at first but it quickly deepened.

"NO! I'm sorry I can't do this!" I said pulling away and started to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

"why not isabella?!?!?!?!" he said.

"because,"

"BECAUSE WHY?!"

"BECAUSE MARCELL AND I ARE ENGAGED!" I yelled at him.