Chapter 2

December 10, 1977

"Alright class hear me out before you all go" our english teacher said. "You will be doing a project for next semester which will be conducting an interview. I will assign your parterns and you will interview them and you get to ask them anything you want...no filters on this project."

This could be fun.

"Ok so we will start with mario...your partner will be andrea. Marcos...will interview estefania. Luis will interview fernando. Isabella...will be interviewing mr. michael jackson this should be an easy one." She said reading the rest of the list.

I had the easiest person im school michael. He is becoming famous so itll be easy to ask him questions since he is so used to them by now.

"Get together with your partners and decide were you will do the interview and how you will do it" ms. lippay said.

I got up to go over where michael was and i sat down.

"So i guess we are partners" i say.

"Yeah i guess so" he said softly. He seems really shy and sweet.

"Im still surprised to be paired up with the popular girl of highschool" he said.

"Why? Im normal like everyone else." I said.

"Yeah but im nobody in your world." He said.

"Thats not true you are a very special person in your own way." I said and we got to talking.

The bell rang and it was time to go home! Thank God!

"You can come over to my house if you want and we can work on our project some more" i said. Just then marcell came in the room.

"Hey babe" he said giving me kiss.

"Hi" i said. "How about like at 4?"

"Um yeah sounds great see you at your house" he said and left.

"Who was that?" Marcell asked.

"My partner in english for this project we are doing." I said. We left the room and made our way down.

"I have soccer practice today so ill text you when im done" marcell said as we walking.

"Ok i have to do the project with michael anyways so whenever youre done just text me" i said and he gave me kiss on the forehead.

"Mkay love you" he said and i started walking to my car.

*4 pm*

DING! DING!

I heard my doorbell ring, i thought it could be michael since it was alreay 4 so i went to open the door.

"Hello" i said when i saw him there.

"Hi" he said.

"Come on in" i said and when he stepped in i closed the door. "Ok so let me go get my questions and we'll get started."

"Alright are you ready?" I asked him as we sat down.

"Yeah i guess" he said.

"So first of all," i said "what will you not answer?"

"Ill answer anything and everything" he said. I could tell michael was a natural at it and im sure he is since he does a lot of interviews.

I: "how old are you?"

M: "i am 17"

I: "how many siblings do you have?"

M: "i have 9 siblings"

I: "when did you start to sing?"

M: "i think i was 3 but my father didnt let me sing with the group until i was 5"

I: "why?"

M: "he thought i was too little and he used to alway say jermaine was the lead singer not me."

I: "whats your groups name?"

M: "the jackson 5"

I: "how did your parents find out you could sing?"

M: "i always sang but nobody really knew until my mother caught me singing one morning while i was making my bed"

I: "did your mother tell your dad?"

M: "yes but he didnt want to hear me but mother convinced him and he let me sing"

I asked him some more questions about the group and then i asked him.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No not at the time" he said.

"When you go on tour do you have those moments when you see a girl and just wish you could take her home with you?"

He was silent for a minute.

"Ummmm i mean im a guy so we always have thoughts like that but most of the time im just focused on performing"

"Do you like anyone at the moment?" I asked him hoping he would tell me something.

"Well maybe or maybe not" he said smiling.

"Oh come on im not gonna tell anyone you dont have to tell me the girls name" i said. "Give me some hints."

"Ok one hint" he said "she goes to our school"

"WHAT?! Thats your hint?!?! You suck at this!" I said and he giggled.

His giggle was so freaking cute!!!!!!

Wait...did i just say that?!

Yeah i did and it is so whatever!

"Im sorry ok but she has a boyfriend and he would probably kill me if he knew" he said.

"REALLY?!?! Now thats a scoop!" I said.

We finished his interview and we set up a day for my interview.

"Ok i gotta go" he said and i walked him to the door.

"So this was fun and youre so interesting! Ill see you tomorrow at school." I said.

"Hehehe thank you and see you tomorrow" he said and he left.

I got a text from marcell soon after michael left.

"Im going out to dinner with the guys see you tomorrow!"

I replied:

"Mkay goodnight"

I wen to bed eventhough it was only 8.

As i was laying down i was thinking back to my interview with michael.

I was also seeing in my head his smile.

His smile was the cutest smile i have ever seen.