Chapter 12

Sakura chatted away with Minari the next morning as they walked to the bridge construction site. "But she told me it was a two part mixture. So when I went to fix it up it literally exploded!" The story made Minari laugh, causing Sasuke to glance behind him at the girls every so often. Minari didn't like the fact that they had to leave Naruto behind today, but it was for his health. "Oh no,  I think you have a sleep mark on your face Minari."

Yep, she saw this moment coming. "It's not a sleep mark I'm afraid." Sakura was about to ask what it was then, but before she could get the words out, a horrible scean came into veiw. On the bridge lay all the workers, beaten down and unconsious. "Hold on! What's this? What's happened?! Someone was here, someone got to them!" 

The mist was thickening around them, making the air cold. the laughing voice of Zabuza cut through the air and the minds of the ninja. "Sorry to keep you waiting Kakashi. I see you still have those brats with you. That one's still trembeling." Several mirrored clones of his apeared around them, surprising Sasuke and Minari more than the other three. But Zabuza had a questioned air about him when Sasuke smiled.

"I'm trembeling...with excitment."

"Go on Sasuke. Minari has your back." Kakashi said. The clone swung his sword down, but Sasuke and Minari jumpped up, grasping each others hands and propelling themselves around. When they let go, they had kunai ready and cut the clones down to size. The water splashed down around them just as their feet hit the ground.

"Ooh. So you could see they were water clones huh? The brats improving." Zabuza and Haku made themselves known finally, with Haku's mask on and all guilt of what he was about to do gone. But he could feel it bubbling to the surface again when he looked over at Minari.

His heart beat faster, knowing she would never forgive him for what he was about to do to her friends. But he also had to be careful not to get her involved in this. He loves Minari more than anything in the world, even though he had never told her. Through every kiss and hug, all the years they spent together, never once did he admit he loved her. He didn't want to hold her back. Minari had spent most of her lifetraveling and training in all five nations. She worked so hard and even just a few months ago when she left them again to go home she said she was far from done.

Haku couldn't hold her back and he wouldn't. He knew she would be unhappy leaving him if she knew how he really felt about her. But right now he had to think of something else. Zabuza chuckled darkly next to him as he looked upon the team of genin's. "Looks like you've got a rival Haku."

"So it seems..."

"Well well. So I had it right. Seems it was all an act." Kakashi said slowly. "And act... with a cute little mask." Sakura's eyes seemed to bug from her head in surpirse.

"So I guess all that about being a tracker ninja and having the villages best in mind was just a great big lie, huh?" Tazuna said.

"They both look pretty chummy to me, I'd say they've been pulling scams like this for a long time." Kakashi put his hand on Minari's head, urging her to spill what she knew. But she wouldn't do it.

"They've got some nerve faceing us again after pulling that trick." Sakura complained.

Minari rubbed her temple in agrivation. "Oh my God. Shut up." They all looked over to her strangly and Haku threw a bottle full of tylonal to her. "Thank you much." After swallowing two pills, she launched the bottle back over to him, and sighed. And by that time, Sasuke had had enough.

"That's it. I'm taking this guy out. WHo does he think he's fooling? Hiding behind that mask like some sort of clown."

Sakura was about to squele in joy at how cool Sasuke was when Minari ran over and held her hand over her mouth, preventing her from saying a word. "Not now fangirl. I've got a migrane."