VIII

vikk

"Vikk! Are you ready to go?" JJ's voice asked from down the stairs.

"Yeah one second!"I exited out of my game, and slid the headphones off my ears. I checked to have to my charger, earbuds, and the rest of my bag, along with my laptop to edit vlogs.

I put my backpack on and carried my suitcase down the steps to meet Jide waiting.

"I got it, let's go," JJ said, reaching for my bag, and my face turned red. Not because, it was sweet or cute or whatever, I felt embarrassed that it was known I couldn't get it myself without struggling.

I put my head down and followed JJ into the car, taking a deep breath as he put the suitcase in the trunk.

We took the Uber to the airport which was an awfully quiet and awkward ride there.

I rolled my suitcase through the airport following JJ, my head down. I had my headphones on which were playing music loudly. Jide led the way through the busy airport, every once in a while he turned to make sure I was still there.

We checked in with our luggage and passports and waited for the speakers to call our flight.

The flight was supposed to take off at 7 PM, and it was 6:25 now.

I reached down to grab a few pounds out of my bag to get a snack.

"I got it Vik." Jide said quickly noticing me getting the money. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

"I think I can pay for a £3 snack JJ." I snapped, and walked towards the food court area.

I got a coffee and chips, and went back to where JJ sat, staring at his hands.

We sat in silent until a voice over the speaker informed us our flight was boarding.
I stood and started to walk towards the line.

"Come on JJ." I said, once I noticed he wasn't following. After a few seconds, he nodded slowly and stood, following slowly.

I gave the woman my pass and JJ gave her his, and we were on.

I rolled the smaller suitcase behind me humming under my breath, as music played in my ears.

-

When we were done with finding our seats and putting our carry-ons in the compartment I started to dooze off into the comfortable bed-chair-like seats. I watched JJ's head move in my direction and a small smile on his face as I drifted onto sleep.

The only sounds was the music still playing, and the woman talking about safety.

-
i am sorry i never update i am so lazy pls dont stab me