V

vik

I groaned into my hands, my head pounding. It was 4am. And Jide and I leave tomorrow.

Overwhelmed, I twisted my chair away from the bright screen, facing the dim wall behind me.

I need to get my videos done. I can't not have videos.

I groaned once more, and turned again to start editing the same video again.

I heard a knock at my door, and I creaked open, revealing a sleepy JJ.

"Viiiiiikkkk," He grumbled, opening it completely.

"What Jide." I said lowly. I was still kind of mad that he made plans to go to america with me, without even asking!

"Why aren't you asleep?" He questioned in a soft tone, and closed the door behind him. He proceeded to sit on the bed and look up at me.

Olajide was tired, that was obvious. Dressed in sleep pants that kind of made him look like a dad, and a black shirt.

I glanced at him, then shrugged. "I have to make and edit videos before we leave." I whispered, and continued to cut and piece clips together.

"Vik, I'm taking you to America to get away from YouTube. You're ruining the whole point." He chuckled sighing.

I rolled my eyes. "Not like I had a choice to go on this trip anyways."

"Well be a little thankful. I didn't have to spend money on you to go to America." JJ said angrily, and stood from the end of the bed.

"I didn't ask you to take me!" I exclaimed finally, spinning around in the gaming chair.

"Yes, it was a surprise! You aren't supposed to know! Until I tell you! And when I do, you get all pissed?! What, do you want me to take Simon? Josh? Harry? Will that make you feel better?!" Jide had begun to ramble his hands thrown into the air, his voice getting louder with each sentence.

"IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT VIK?" He yelled, looking, down at me, slumped in my chair.

"No- Jide- I didn't mean it like-"

"No Vik. I know exactly what you meant. I'll cancel the trip I guess then."JJ spoke quietly, but I could hear how angry he was.

I didn't mean to be ungrateful, and get mad. I was tired. In a bad mood. And I took it out on Jide.

"JJ please, I'm sorry. I'm really stressed and tired and mad and upset and I didn't mean to take it out on you, and I just really need to get these videos done-"

"Vik-"

"And I know you paid a lot of money for this and I know how much you care-"

"Vik. It's okay." He muttered, taking a deep breath.

I felt tears well up in my eyes, and I stared up at JJ.
"I'm sorry." I said, barely audible. I didn't want to cry. Not in front of JJ.

He pulled me up from the chair, wrapped his arms around me and sighed again.

"Sorry for getting pissed." He muttered against my hair, and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry too."I mumbled back into his shirt, inhaling his scent. Well, he did smell good, so.

"If you really don't want to go-"Jide started but I interrupted him. "No. I do. I really do."

Jide nodded, his hands running through my hair.

"Please get some sleep." JJ said looking down at me.

"Can you sleep in my room tonight?" I muttered into his shirt.

"Yeah. Whatever you want Vik."