Chapter Twenty

They hadn't moved from the shower, well both Luke and Calum had left to use the toilet and get a drink but Michael and Ashton hadn't moved at all. Every time either Luke or Calum tried to move them, they either whimpered or just held onto each other tighter. "Why don't we just leave them here Lukey ? They won't move." Calum whispered after seeing the scratch marks and bruises in the places that Michael and Ashton were holding each other. "It's cold in here, and uncomfortable. We can at least put them on the bed." Luke whispered back, his hand on Calum's chest.

"I know but they don't want to move or let go of each other." Calum said, leaning into Luke's touch. Luke nodded and leaned his head on Calum's shoulder, "I didn't ever think that they'd end up like this...so broken." Luke whispered, looking longingly at his and Calum's soulmates. Calum frowned and pulled Luke closer, cuddling him.

Ashton work up an hour later, he yawned and looked at Michael, his hand going to the black haired boy's chin. "amare?" "Love ?" He whispered, grabbing Michael's hand when the black haired boy moved it around. Luke watched quietly as Michael looked up at Ashton, his eyes were bloodshot red.

"Esne bene ?" "Are you okay ?" Ashton asked, Michael closed his eyes and didn't answer, leaning his head on Ashton's shoulder, he took a deep breath and kissed Ashton collarbone, not saying a word at all. "es tu ?" "Are you?" Michael whispered, his voice cracking. Ashton didn't answer either, he just sighed and laid his head on Michael's. "suus 'okay." "It's okay."  Ashton mumbled, moving one of his hands to Michael's hair, running his fingers through it. "et quia non est nobis." "Both of us know that it isn't." Michael whispered. Luke understood every word, he just couldn't speak Latin. "Scio." "I know." Ashton said before he let a quiet sob spill. Michael's frown deepened and he pulled Ashton's to his chest, his eyes not going up to meet Luke's or Calum's, he knew they were there and that was enough. "Shh." Michael whimpered, squeezing Ashton. 

"Bene sum." "I'm fine." Ashton whimpered, "non tibi sunt." "No you're not." Michael whispered, "et non estis vestri." "And neither are you." Ashton whispered back and Michael nodded, he didn't deny the fact that it wasn't okay. He didn't even try reassuring himself let alone Ashton.

Ashton let out a broken scream and he scratched at Michael's chest, "shh..." Michael said, holding Ashton against his chest, not even flinching when they honey blonde started hitting and punching him again. "Shhh amare."

Ashton closed his eyes and stopped, his nails still digging into Michael's skin but not moving. "It's okay." Michael breathed, slowly moving Ashton's hands from his chest, lacing their fingers together and then holding them to his chest. "It's okay." He repeated, watching Ashton carefully. "No..." Ashton screamed, tearing his hands from Michael's and tugging at his hair. "Shhh..." Michael said, holding into Ashton's arms, gently prying them away from the honey blonde's head. "A-ash ?" Luke called but he got no response. Ashton just screamed out again and threw his head back, closing his eyes and hitting it against the tiles. "amare stop, it's okay, you're okay." Michael whimpered out, pulling Ashton back into his chest. Ashton screamed again, wrapping his fingers around Michael's neck. "Ash, no." It was worse Michael thought, Ashton was worse than he had ever been in his two hundred year lifetime.

Calum gasped and tried to get Ashton to let go but when he saw no panic on Michael's face, he went back to Luke, sitting with the blonde and watching.

"amare, stop, it's okay." Michael said, but he made no effort to live Ashton's hands from his neck. "I'm sorry." Ashton mumbled, letting go and hitting his forehead on Michael's chest. "It's okay...it's okay." Michael whispered, his hands going to Ashton's back, pressing his fingers against the soft skin. Ashton heaved in a breath and gulped, biting Michael, not to draw blood no, just biting him out of anger, and sadness and just everything he's held in for the past fifty years. Michael took slow deep breaths with his eyes closed, waiting for Ashton to fall slack against him again but that didn't happen.