Ch. 4

[a/n]
holy shit this is late, too late.

It was a chilly morning, bringing shivers up Taehyung's spine. His backpack slung from the pit of his elbow, swinging around as he walked. He exhaled, his breath turning into a mist of white in contrast to the temperature. It was still cold, despite it being the spring time, it was yet to transition from the cool winter months.

Taehyung watched as the dark clouds moved in different directions, tiny rays of orange peek from behind. The young man pursed his lips, eyes glancing down at his crimson-turned fingertips, bringing his palms over his mouth. He huffed air into his hands, vigorously rubbing them together after. Heobeom, who was previously located behind the young prince, quickened his pace to land next to Taehyung. Wrapping his arm around his shoulders, he ruffled his hair. "Hey!" Taehyung complained, trying to pry Heobeom from him. "Yah, I know you don't like this school-thing, but why the long face?"

"Long face?" Taehyung asked, rubbing the back of his neck. "You just woke me up too early, it's your fault, hyung." He nudged his friend, smirking.

"Hey, hey, your father said I'd have to take care of you — give me a break." He raised his hands in mock defense. "If I don't do at least this, he'll cut my pay by half!" Slowly, he lowers his arms, hands creeping into the pockets of his thick jacket. "Who am I kidding, you basically cut my pay in half ever since the king discontinued your card."

Taehyung snickered, wrapping his arms around Hoeboem's waist, squirming around and making cute (if you could calm them that) noises. "Hyung, I love you!" He exclaimed in a high-toned aegyo voice. "I know my family pays you a crap ton of money, but you're my best friend."

Hoebeom rolled his eyes, went on forward, approaching the driver's side of the car. Opening the door, he hopped inside and started the vehicle. Taehyung, not giving up his cute act, alternately shimmied his shoulders, elbows bent and hands framing his face in a V position. Quickly swinging the back door of Hoeboem's car, he slid in, feet up and maintaining the same position.

"Yah! Keep your shoes out of my leather seats!" Heobeom scolded from the driver's seat, however his scolding hadn't reached Taehyung's ears at all. Taehyung merely stuck his tongue out, pulling up a peace sign by his eye. "Hyungie, my shoes are Gucci, they cost more than your leather seats!"

"Hyung, it was a joke!" Taehyung yelled from his spot on the side walk, as Hoeboem talked to him from his car.

"Taehyung, honey, why don't you take your Gucci shoes out and walk yourself to school, okay?" Hoeboem smiled, imitating his aegyo pose from awhile ago.

"Ah— hyung!"

In order not to hear anymore of the young royal's complaints, Hoeboem drove away. Taehyung yelled, but all of his screaming all ended fruitless. He couldn't do squat about it.

Taehyung clicked his tongue, grinding his teeth together as he muttered curses into the direction his guardian left. He swung his backpack round, wearing it properly. Looking down at his watch, it was still early — if he left now, he could get to school in time. But there was one obstacle in this journey that could have been a smooth sail— where was he off to again?

"I'm here!" He exclaimed, exclaiming a loud 'yes' and bumping his fist up, resulting in a few strange looks from students who seemed to be of the same school.

Taehyung looked down at his watch, a gasp emitting from his throat, his hand ran through his hair, that moved quite a bit from when he was searching endlessly for his way here. "Aish, if Hoebeom didn't leave me, I could've been early, that son of a—"

Taehyung dragged his feet along the corridors of his new school, looking down on the small map Hoeboem printed out for him earlier. If he's been going the right way, the registration offices should be right there. He stopped in front a door, paper still in hand. Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, knocking on the door.