Ch. 1

In a mansion secluded far into a subdivision-full of royals, nobles, and the rich- sat a boy in his royal blue, Kakao Talk Ryan pajamas, playing on his 24-karat gold game console.

He leaned on one of the arms of his gold-lined, suave, black couch.

Why was did he live such a luxurious lifestyle? This boy was a prince. Yes, was. He's a king now. A young king he was. He hasn't even finished highschool.

This boy was king Kim Taehyung I. He always lived a rich life, but now he was king he has a bit more responsibilities.

No, his parents aren't dead. They just decided that it would be best for the heir to claim their place early. You know, to get used to it earlier.

Back to the situation, Taehyung kicked his legs as he played his game. Groaning in frustration as a large, insulting, GAME OVER appears. A knock on his door snaps him out of his groaning.

"Sire? Your parents would like to speak to you." A voice resonates from the otherside of the large, burgundy door.

"Hm? Okay." Taehyung replied.

The door knob twistes until it the door opened.

"Hello, Taehyung." A slim, lady walked into the room with a tall male following here. She was a beautiful woman, nearing her late 40s or early 50s.

"Good morning, mother." Taehyung grinned at her.

"Taehyung, your mother and I have been thinking," Taehyung's father, the man who stood behind his mother, spoke. Taehyung raised his eyebrow. "We think you need to find someone to be betrothed to."

Taehyung cruched up his eyebrows slightly. "Father, I'm seventeen years old."

"We know, but you don't necessarily have to get married already...But just so you have someone already?" Taehyung's mother put her hand over his in a supporting manner. "Just so you have someone for when I die..."

"Don't say syupid things like that, mother!" Taehyung says, slightly distraught at the fact that his mother would suggest such a horrible thing. He knew she wasn't the healthiest person, she might as well not jinx something as terrible as death.

"Inside voice, Taehyung." His father warned him. "Anyway, we could just get a princess or-"

"No." Taehyung sharply replied.

"No?" Taehyung's father said starting to grow a bit angry.

"No," Taehyung said. "I don't want to live my life with someone who'll only marry me for money and property."

"Is that so?" Taehyung's mother said, interested in his idea. "Alright then, we'll make an announcement-"

"I want to find her myself." Taehyung said.

"But won't they know you're the king? That's impossible." Taehyung's father contradicted to his son's statement.

"Not necessarily," Taehyung's chief minister entered the room. "We never revealed much about the king." He explained.

"We only gave away his name, Taehyung. Not his face, nor his other personal information. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of Kim Taehyungs in Korea." The minister suggested.

"I'll dress like a commoner to find my queen." Taehyung said with a grin.

"Jeez, son. That sounded really cheezy." His father gave a laugh.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Sure."

~♥~

"Okay, we're set." His chief minister stated. They stood infront of the large mansion doors.

"Good luck, Taehyung." His mother said, hugging him gently.

His father gave him a tumbs up and a pat on the back.

A butler stood infront of the large SUV with black tinted windows.

Taehyung stood, with hands in his pockets. He walked to the vehicle, his minister following behind him. The butler opened the door and the pair entered the car.

"Alright." The cheif minister said, pulling out various amounts of papers out of his satchel bag.

"What's that, Heobeom-hyung?" Taehyung asked his cheif minister, Heobeom. Taehyung only calls Heobeom by his name when his parents aren't around, they apparently don't like them being friendly to eachother.

"Just some stuff I have to tell you about, sire." Heobeom replied, straightening out his slightly crumpled files.

"It's Taehyung."

"Right." Heobeom rolled his eyes.
"Okay, we'll be moving to an apartment," He pointed at a spot on a piece of paper. "Here. In the heart of Seoul."

Taehyung nodded his head. "Will I still be attending the school for royals?"

"Oh, goodness no. You want someone that'll love you or not?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Jeez, it was just a question."

"You'll be going here." Heobeom pointed at another spot on the map.

"Seoul Highschool?" Taehyung read out.

"Yeah, it's a school where every normal teen in the area goes to."
Heobeom read out.

"Alright, this can work." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders. "This won't be that hard."

"Sure." Heobeom gave a pursed lipped smile. "It's been years since I've been in highschool, so I won't be able to help you all that much."

"What is that supposed to mean?"