Chapter 36: The First Clue

Tatum

The packs were in an uproar.

I say packs because Rick's pack was devastated and furious at the loss of their Alpha's family member who was entrusted to us, therefore a spiral of fury fell downhill to their allies; Reid and David.

I had Alpha's howling on our borders every other minute, Petricia like a rabid wolf clawing for my blood and pack betas staring me down whenever we'd go on a group patrol for any more clues to the whereabouts of my mate.

Most of my time was spent in my new favourite room where I could beat, cut and electrocute my frustrations out on the filth that took my angel from me but once I was done I could never bring myself to stay in my room where he had once slept, the smell I could remember made him nauseous I couldn't coat that room in this stench. He'd be back any minute.

''Let me go! I'll kill him!'' Growls travelled the halls of the cave as Petricia tried once again to gain entrance to my home.

Dustin turned the corner into our interrogation room looking like all hell had smacked him around for a while. Charlie had gone missing the second we had reached back onto our land, never saying a word he was just gone with the wind without a scent.

I could tell it was taking a toll on Dustin. The first few days he was unmanagable, one second sad, the next angry and then downright psychotic. Now he was trying to play indifferent, but he was the only one who believed it.

A bond that was not yet affirmed was like a broken and frayed piece of rope. When you placed your mark upon your mate, those tiny fibers came together and wound themselves in a strong impenetrable bond between the two; a sturdy rope connecting them. I knew Jaidan was at least alive, I could tell he was in pain, but at least he was alive. I could manage myself knowing that. Dustin however, didn't have that bond yet with Charlie. He didn't know if he was in pain, or hungry, or worse.

''The Alpha's are having a meeting and they've asked you to be there.''

''Of course they have.'' I rubbed my face, feeling the scratchiness of the beard that was forming.

''Don't throw a fit alright?'' My brows creased at his words but I shook my head and ignored him as I made my way towards our dining hall.

Throwing a fit was an understatement. I was breaking lose all hell. If there were fragile objects they would have been smashed, if there was a loud mouth no good idiot in the room he would have been long dead. I was throwing a royal fit.

''Bullshit!'' I growled as my fist slammed down on the table in front of me.

The entirety of my pack, including some members of the other three surrounding packs were present in our dining hall crowding around ready to attack anyone who made a threatening move as my father sat high in his elevated chair above us all looking down on the woman in front of him. I stood to his side along with his most trusted war wolves and my uncle.

''It's not unheard of.''

''And it won't be happening!'' my wolf was at the forefront of my body ready to attack anyone who agreed with the bored woman in front of me.

''Our Alpha assures us there are plenty of female wolves you may choose from, but this one, he wants. He has also stated if you want to take a male we only have one that would suit your tastes. He can assure you though that he is from an old pure line considering his dying breed and perfectly able to satisfy you.''