Chapter 31: Hello, Beautiful.

Jaidan

I was awoken by groaning, my arms coming up to rub my eyes free of sleep, groggily trying to pull Tatum's warmth closer to me until a hiss of pain shot my eyes open as I realised I had squeezed his ribs which were probably still tender.

''Sorry.'' I whispered as I took in his face.

All the bruising and cuts were mostly healed on him apart from a now small cut on his cheek and a few nasty bruises still lingering along his chest and sides.

''I'll get you some water and food.'' I went to exit the bed but I was pulled back down on top of Tatum, a wince breaking free on his face before he calmed it and stroked my cheek.

''Not now, Angel.'' I blushed at his pet name but fought his exploring hands on my hips, nudging my still intact pants from last night down.

''You need to eat and I need to pee.'' I wriggled free from his hold.

He didn't look pleased at my loss of contact but he didn't try to stop me as I exited the room. For the first time since I had gotten here, Tatum was not the first one up and out of the cave already as the den filled with laughter, gossiping teens and grumpy old men.

My nose was assaulted by the smell of cooking meats coming from just down the hall where the lower ranking males and females were cooking lunch for everyone from a kill the hunters had made.

I followed my nose to the dining hall and stopped in front of a young boy, maybe around my age barbequing parts of the deer that thankfully no longer looked like bambi. That poor sweet baby.

''Good morning.'' I smiled at him, his eyes widening for a second before they fell to the floor, his reply mumbled.

No one had ever been shy with me before today, I didn't think traditional wolves had it in themselves but as I looked around the room several other female and male wolves either nodded their head before they exited with plates full of food or completely avoided eye contact.

''May I get a plate for myself and Tatum?'' I said unsure as the boy fumbled with the meat.

''Make that three plates.'' Alic brushed up beside me, the boy nodding much more calm now.

When he handed me the two plates he didn't act as confident as he did when he basically shoved the plate at Alic. He wasn't exactly rude to him, much more like he was just doing his job and sure in his movements.

''They're acknowledging their new Luna to be.'' Alic followed me back to my room.

''What?'' My eyes bugged out of my head as I carefully walked trying not to drop the hefty plates filled with steaks.

''That's what happened yesterday when you basically put the big bad men in their places.'' He took one of the plates from my hands as he went about chewing some meat between sentences. ''You earnt their respect in a way, more so Lance's than anyone else's.''

''What do you mean?''

''Well the last person to yell at my brother like that got eaten.'' His expression didn't even change at that causing me to audibly gulp.

''So I'm going to get eaten?''

''Only by my nephew.'' He winked at me, the saliva in my mouth choking me as I tried to cough for air. ''Other than that, only the Luna could get away with it. She was a beautiful woman, small and dainty with not an ounce of cruelty in her bones.''

I realized he was getting caught in the past talking about Alpha Lance's mate. I had heard a bit about her in passing but not enough to know much about the woman.