Chapter 26: Taking Charge

Warning sexy times ahead 

Jaidan

I couldn't tell if Tatum was angry or...hungry.

His silver eyes shone in the dimly lit room but they never shifted from my body. I was beginning to rethink the stupidity of Charlie and Alic when Tate's long muscular legs took full even stride towards me, before abruptly stopping at the edge of our bed.

My hands wrung nervously as if I was strangling the air between them but I gathered every ounce of courage in my body, drawing confidence from my mate enough to stand up, my cold feet touching down on smoothed rock, my head tilting back to try and keep eye contact with the mountain of a man in front of me.

I realized, with annoyance, that there was no way I would be able to 'seduce Tatum with a searing hot kiss enough to make even Eros and Aphrodite tremble' as Charlie said, because for one I was painfully short and two; my kissing experience involved Tatum and I in our last few days and I was the one being kissed not doing the kissing. My experience didn't stray back any further than that.

For a moment I thought about turning back, pulling my sweater back on and coming up with some poor excuse that involved nothing sexual going on like I was hot or I was changing but I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't go through with this, especially after the horror teaching session I was just put through.

Tatum's eyes were calculating me, seeing what I'd do which only spurred me on. His gaze alone was enough to turn my body to putty but my goal was for him to feel good, not just me. Not this time.

Taking a deep breath I moved my hands from each other, placing them on Tate's bare chest and watching them crawl their way upwards, raising and dipping slightly with his collar bones before latching them around his neck, rising on my toes before pulling his face down towards mine.

For a moment we only breathed in each other's air, lips ghosting over each other, eyes flickering between the other's, at our lips and back again like a dare begging someone to take the first step.

Tatum wouldn't move though which surprised me. He was letting me take control of this situation which gave me great pleasure but also kicked up my nerves to a whole other level.

My eyes nervously fluttered shut as I took the faltering millimeter closer to his lips, his slightly wind dried lips not moving an inch as mine pressed against his the contact making me inwardly moan.

I realized now in pure embarrassment that I had no idea what to do from here.

Sure, I could hear Charlie and Alic in the back of my mind egging me on to ravish the burly man in front of me, but I didn't know how I could make myself enticing to Tatum.

I tried to not recall their instruction on how to 'make a man go wild with your body'. The thought almost made me shiver in horror when their bodies gyrating on top of Charlie's pillows flashed in my mind's eye.

Tatum's large, warm hand on my bare hip broke me out of my thoughts as he moved my body away from his and gave me the same look he had that morning.

A constricting pain enveloped my chest like a snake coiling around it and squeezing every ounce of life out of it as he kissed my forehead and headed towards his bed without a word. It felt like my lungs were caving in on my heart so much so that I had to lift my hand to rub my chest. My wolf was whining at our mate and I could feel the prickle of tears stinging my eyes.