The News

I laid in bed looking up at the ceiling. Pepper was busy dusting thing whistling a merry tune. But I wasn't really paying attention I could feel her gazing over at me uncomfortably. Suddenly my dads were in my room. They held each other's hands tightly. "Oh, my kings! I'll leave you three alone." She said before scurrying away. I glanced up at them.

"Leo we have something to tell you..." He said. "Wait Marshall, let me." That was my other one. "What's going on dad?" I asked. He stepped forward letting go of father's hand. "We have news for you Leo!" Dad said with a smile on his pink face.

"You're gonna get married!" He said. I saw father face palm behind dad. I stared at them both. I couldn't believe my ears. I felt my eyes grow wide as I realized they really weren't kidding. "Y-y-you're being serious?" I said. Maybe they were joking. Father liked to play jokes.

"Leo I know it's a lot to take in, but you'll get along great!" Father said. "Dad you can't tell me you're okay with this!" I said. I looked into his gentle pink face then into my father's stony red eyes. "Leo I know you don't think it's fair, but listen. We'll give you two months. If you don't like the situation you won't have to do it." Father said gently. I glared at him. I was getting angry and felt myself slipping away into a fiery rage.

"Calm down Leo. Your father and I are giving you a way out." Dad was desperately trying to calm me down. "How could you two!" I yelled. I didn't really like yelling. "Oh Leo..." That was why I didn't like yelling. Dad always cried if I did, and father would get mad at me. I tried to calm down. I shrunk down to my normal size.

"Dad I'm sorry. Please leave." I said. My voice caught. I didn't miss my dad's attentive ears. Or my father's excellent hearing. "Listen you'll thank us one day. We love you Leo bug." They left. I instantly thought of Blake. I just wanted to tell him about how unfair they were being, but he probably wouldn't know what to do so I stared up at the ceiling and clutched Hambo to my chest.

I wondered when this princess would arrive. Would I actually like her. I looked over at my camera-phone. Maybe he was awake... I got up and grabbed it.

You: Hey Blake

Blake: Hey Cotton Candy

You: Aperrently I'm getting married... :/

Blake: r u joking

You: no. I'm being serious

Blake: oh glob I'm sorry...

You: it's fine wyd

Blake: ur mom!

You: ...... really ......

Blake: oh yeah...

You: well I'm going to sleep I just wanted to talk to you night.

I put my phone down and glanced over at a picture on the wall of me, dad, and father. Dad's pink eyes were bright and happy. Even father had an extremely happy look on his unmoving face. And then there was me. Tiny and unaware of the evil of the world. I had Hambo in a hug and my eyes were closed while I smiled uncontrollably.

We were outside, and the moon was bright. Father had an arm around dad's waist and they both looked amazingly happy. So did I.

I glanced down at Hambo. He had been father's.  I wondered if there really ever was a time when he needed it for comfort as I so often did.
He had always been an unmoving, indestructible, god-like being to me, but at moments like that picture had captured I was reminded that he was no god.

I looked down at Hambo again. He was dirty and worn from years of a little kid's unwavering love. With thoughts of the princess and hope in my heart I slipped off into sleep.

"Hey" I was dressed in my finest clothes. I glanced around. Where was the voice coming from? "I'm over here silly." The voice was deep and rich like an ocean. I moved towards its source. It seemed to be coming from a faint glow in the darkness.

"Hello?" I called. There came a laugh from the light. I kept walking but it seemed to be going further away the longer I walked. "Come on Leo bug!" The voice said with a laugh. Only my parents called me that.

I started running, then suddenly the light dissapeared. I stopped short. "Hello?!" I shouted. I couldn't find the voice.  Then flames suddenly came back right in front of my face and I jumped back in surprise.

In front of me stood the most amazing being in the Land Ooo.

I woke from the most amazing sleep I'd ever had, but that amazing face was still in my head.