3) Finvarra's Circus by DistantDreamer aka Monica Sanz

Rating: 5/5

One random evening I was searching through Wattpad for a good read when I stumbled onto the fantasy genre. Now I haven't been into the whole fantasy genre thing before but after going through the first few chapters of Finvarra's Circus I was hooked. First of all let me just say the cover was magnificent! 

One of the most charming things about the book was the descriptions. The descriptions the author provided were so absolutely vivid that I could picture them in my mind and not vaguely either. She added these small unassuming details that completed the whole scene.

The story takes place in a slightly older setting, it remineded me of London in the late 1800's for some reason. Leanna Weston is a bed ridden girl with a broken heart who's looking for a bit of magic in her life. When she hear's of Finvarra's Circus coming to town, the very same circus her late mother would regale her with stories about she knows she just has to go. Sneaking away in the middle of a snowy night Leanna makes her way to the circus grounds and from there on ladies and gents starts a heartwarming and stirring story of how sometimes you don't need to be strong or inspirational to save the life of the one you love. Your love for them will overcome all barriers. 

It's just an added plus point that I adored Finvarra's character who took that brooding, tortured hero thing to the next level. The characters were absolutely great and the plot line was original, there wasn't any chapters in the book where I went 'Damn it's turning cliche' or 'I'm bored'. This story captivated me from start to ending and I want to thank the auhor for giving me an oppurtunity to read this story. She already has a published book called 'The Awkward Love Song of Abigail Archer' that I plan to buy as soon as I can. Here's to hoping 'Finvarra's Circus' gets published!

If you're looking for a magical story with an original plot then I definitely recommend Finvarra's Circus to you all!