4) Reapers- Thirteen Brothers by Tsubame

Reapers- Thirteen Brothers by Tsubame

Rating- 4/5

It was my better writing half who suggested this story to me a year or two ago. I am a huge fan of Reapers and as thus I would gladly reread this book.

Thirteen Brothers starts off with the main protagonist Aramis Rayne moving to a new town and then meeting a strange boy whom everyone else avoids. Cliché so far? Yes it is but then comes the twists. Vincent Sinclair isn’t your regular pedophile vampire or baby imprinting werewolf. He has an individual interesting back story that’ll draw you in. Although the story juggles many elements and characters that are hard to keep track of sometimes you get used to it.

Aramis Rayne is a fascinating lead character. She makes sense to me somehow. Her reactions are relatable and luckily this isn’t a story where just because the little brother gets the girl the other twelve start panting after her. Wait! Let me rephrase that. The little brother does not get the girl. Although you get a sense for how loyal Vincent and Aramis are to each other and how far they are willing to go for the other the author doesn’t shove a romance onto you. You don’t even know if the story will include a romance between these two. They are master and familiar (you’ll get my reference if you read it)

Vincent Sinclair has a serious anger management problem that involves breaking furniture and self torture by way of the brooding kind. He is described vividly and somehow it’s easy to picture him. He isn’t a charming character, often impulsive and impatient but the great thing about his is that the author doesn’t try to make him something he’s not. There is no family member coming up to Aramis to tell her that he really is a sweetheart if you get to know him. He is what he is and what he is a troubled person with the right intentions.

I loved the characters, even though Aramis and Vincent argue way more that necessary but the real winner was the plot. I haven’t read anything like it before. I spent days raving about the story to my other Wattpad member friends. The story was on my mind all the time. It was original (if the story plot is an original you know that you have me hooked if you’ve read my Finvarra’s Circus review), it drew you right in and it made you feel for Aramis when she wanted to slap Vincent.

Overall I would recommend this book, a mix of my two favorites, paranormal and fantasy any day.