2) Getting It Straight by crossroad

Rating 4/5

This was one of the first books that I read one Wattpad and it is also one of my favorites.

The first thing that drew me towards the book was the amazing cover. I believe that a good book cover is very essential as it is the initial thing that grabs the reader’s attention. This cover grabbed, lured and drugged me into adding the book in my library.

Luckily unlike most books with stellar covers and bad plots, this book did not disappoint me. The character of Fiona Pearce was simple and written in a humorous way. The girl was a purely amusing character. I also liked the sense of loyalty towards her father and how she was determined to reform his broken relationship with her brother.

I will be honest though, once I began reading the story I was a bit doubtful of it being pulled through. I thought that the story would be slightly unrealistic if no one figured out that Fiona is obviously a girl in a boy’s disguise. However, the writer added that bit of logic to her storyline and erased my hesitation in a few chapters.

Another problem that I thought would occur was the plot being dragged a bit too much. I mean how hard can it be to find your long lost twin? Well pretty hard in this case, as the twin had disguised himself as someone not even the father recognized. It seems pretty far-fetched but the writer again provides us with proper explanation to buy the situation, and we heartily go with the flow.

The second mystery in this story is a famed masked man, who is popular for his anonymous paintings.  I admit the minute the man was introduced in the story I was completely hooked. I just had to know who this person was and the writer plays this suspense quite beautifully. In fact, in some cases I felt that this interesting twist was actually overshadowing the main problem of the story which was finding the twin brother. Fortunately, the writer knew just when to switch her objectives and immediately turned the focus on the brother before the main plot got neglected.

Thus, I would suggest all Wattpad members out there to definitely add this story to their reading list. I admire the writer for being able to pull off quite a hard liner plot and being successful in producing a mysterious and most definitely humorous story.