1) Serenity by JKReader

Rating- 4/5

I discovered this book during my mid-year exams and safe to say it was not the best time to start reading another story. I had decided to only (mind you) glance at the first few chapters in my break and hit the books afterward. However, as I began to read the story it got immensely difficult to put it down. The writer has a simple yet unique way of describing her characters which draws you in.

The story starts off with the female lead trying to find her way to an address. The woman is described in a way which makes it very easy to picture her in our minds. Moreover, the woman was not a stereotypical beauty with shiny blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. She was simply a lady with relatable features. When she meets the male protagonist of this story in a very unique twist, her reaction is genuine and realistic.

Mr. Thorne who is a hired killer captures and kidnaps the female lead, forcing her to work for him. Now even though the male lead is described to have features like a Greek god, our female lead is in no way attracted to him in the initial stages. I mean why on earth will you be falling in love with a man who has threatened you and tortured you multiple times? Serenity's reaction of fear and disgust towards Mr. Thorne is something which I found logical and realistic.

My favorite character was no doubt Mr. Thorne who has an immensely captivating personality. The writer portrays him as a man who is beyond redemption and devoid of a conscience. Yet, his feelings for Serenity borders in to a strange sense of loyalty.Some might find his show of emotions not suiting or cheating the character's original description, but for me it worked to prove that the man is not some superficial being with no emotions whatsoever but a normal human being.

One word to describe the story's plot is that it's different. I have been a Wattpad member for quite a while and I for one have never come across a plot like this. The story evolves through every chapter and not in a way that is annoying. It has suspense, mystery and a lot of thrill.

So for people who are looking for a well-written, uniquely interesting story I would definitely suggest Serenity.