Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I would have just shifted, but under the circumstances a car would help me travel better, and it would hide my scent. However, tracking a stolen car, especially one from the grounds would be easy to track.

My game plan at the moment would be to jack the nearest available car on the grounds then once I got a significant space between the grounds and where I was I would steal another car and continue from there.

I needed a game plan though. This wasn't something I had been contemplating for very long, and I needed an end goal quickly. Nothing like this had ever happened at the tournament, and I needed to be sure wherever I was going would be hard to find, even for a werewolf.

There was no doubt, no matter where I was going, it needed to be by plane or boat. Something that would make it nearly impossible to track my scent. Maybe even a change in looks might be in order. However, looking at my long blonde locks in my hand I was very wary of changing my beloved hair.

Coming to the edge of the woods, I saw what I was looking for. The small garage where the local gardeners kept all their supplies to maintain the grounds. No doubt there was a car of some sort, most likely a truck, kept in there to help navigate through the forestry.

I reached for the door handle and found it locked, of course, it wouldn't be this easy. I circled the smallish shed and saw one window on the opposite wall of the entrance. It was locked, but I didn't need to open it, as much as I just needed to break it. A no glass was strong enough to withstand my strength. I easily smashed through the glass with my fist, leaving cuts on the knuckles that would quickly start to heal.

The problem with the cuts though was that my blood would give away for sure who had broken the glass. Not that it wouldn't be hard to guess in the first place, but there wouldn't have been any way to tell for sure without the blood and broken glass.

I climbed through the window and saw the old run down truck I had imagined. There was rust along the paint job, and it looked like it would fall apart with any large dip in the road, but it would have to do.

I unlocked the large door from the inside and ran to the car, finding the keys in the ignition. This wasn't surprising, the grounds keepers wouldn't need this car except when working and nobody here on the grounds would ever need to steal this car. There security would be tied down much tighter after I pulled this stunt.

Getting in the car and revving the engine I quickly backed out if the shack and put the peddle to the metal, zooming as fast as I could during the makeshift path. I was a little worried about running into some checkpoints where security might stop me, but due to the low amount of security there was nothing and I made it to my parents cabin quickly and parked the car closer to the woods, so anyone who saw would think that maintenance was being done.

"Chloe, we have all your stuff packed up in your room. Cooper old us you would be coming. Honey, I am so proud of you for taking this step." My mother gushed as I walked through the front door. I walked passed her and into my room, all of my suitcases were stuffed and nothing of mine was left in the room.

I grabbed the suitcase and walked back through the door. Passed my mother and started stalking back in the direction if Coopers cabin, and where I parked the car.

"Sweetie, call when you get there! Tell me if I forgot anything when you unpack!" I waved her off without turning around.

"Check the front pocket! you may need it sometime soon!" I turned and saw a smug look on her face, and thought I probably knew exactly what was in the front pocket without even looking.

She shut the door and I veered toward the car. I undid my luggage, looking for my purse. Once I got it I gathered all my money, and one credit card. Normally I would be take the card, but I needed to withdraw as much money as possible at the first stop then trash it so they couldent further track me.

Curiosity got to me, and I had to check the front pocket. A skimpy light pink lingerie set slipped into my hands, full on with silk pink bows and pretty lace. I ripped it into shreds, sending a message and covered the luggage with the remains. They would find the luggage and the rejected undergarments once they started tracking me.

Hopping into the car I debated whether to keep his leather jacket or leave it with the stuff. It would provide warmth, which I would need seeing as how the only clothing I was taking was a black t-shirt, jeans, and black cowboy boots. All of which I was wearing. I decided to keep it. I wouldn't have the time or cash to buy more clothes anytime soon, and I would need a jacket.

I revved the engine and followed the road out of the tournament grounds. I kept my eyes out for the first possible gas station so I could switch out cars and take as much money out of the nearest ATM as possible. Then I would be on my way to the airport, which was at least 3 hours away.

I had about 15 minutes before he was out of the shower, and 10 minutes for him to get suspicious. 5 minutes after that to start looking for me.

I saw my first stop and got out of the truck. I needed to steal another car and get cash fast, and get out even faster. Time was of the essence.

********************************

Yeah, this update took a long time. Sorry, sorry, sorry. It won't be so long next time. I got busy over the holidays.